Deduction?

CRZ8R

Established Member
Today, I tested the vibration... I had heard on another post that SVT is interested in whether the vibe continues when the clutch is pushed in. My vibration occurs between 85 and 90 MPH, so today on the freeway at 90 I put in the clutch with my hand on the rear view mirror... still have the vibe. So a few minutes later I accelerated to 90 mph again, but this time I put the car totally in neutral... still have the vibe. This would eliminate the driveshaft, and possibly the entire drive train? What do you think? Hopefully it is the tires or something. Gotta find out. CRZ8R.

Last edited:

f4sfed

Established Member
I don't think so. The driveshaft is still spinning. If the vibe stopped by pushing the clutch in, that means it's in the engine or clutch. If it stopped by putting it in neutral, I think it would indicate the trans. If it still does it, I think that indicates that it's after the trans.

i8u

Established Member
F4sfed,

"I don't think so. The driveshaft is still spinning. If the vibe stopped by pushing the clutch in, that means it's in the engine or clutch. If it stopped by putting it in neutral, I think it would indicate the trans. If it still does it, I think that indicates that it's after the trans."

:thumbsup:

Exactly.....
Unless the bearing on the output shaft was bad then the vibe could still be there. But I highly doubt this.

f4sfed

Established Member

:thumbsup:

Exactly.....
Unless the bearing on the output shaft was bad then the vibe could still be there. But I highly doubt this.

Ah! Thanks for double checkin' me. I forgot about the output shaft bearing. but yea...I agree, I doubt that's it.

CRZ8R

Established Member
Further Deduction

OK, cool. So if I am hearing you right, then that means that it is definitely after the trans?? So it has to be the driveshaft, the rear diff, or the irs, etcetera? Right? Man, we gotta nail this down. Some people have reported that replacing the driveshaft fixed the problem. Some have reported it did nothing. And I even saw one guy say that it made it worse. Maybe it is a combination of things and not just one common prob? CRZ8R

Users who are viewing this thread