Decisions, decisions...

RR5.0

Established Member
So I am getting that point again where I want more power. I currently have a Paxton 2200 on 3.33 pulley wastegated at the 10.16 psi spring. Car runs awesome but as usual im addicted to the power. Supporting mods are offroad exhaust, sticky tires, weight reduction, dual nozzle meth injection, and Circle D 4c. Auto car with 3.15 gears and full BMR Suspension.

I'm about ready to break down and install the billet oil pump gears and crank sprocket. However with this I would like to adjust my boost to see some gains. The two options I have thought about are either a straight 3.6" pulley with no wastegate and a Boss Manifold and rev it out to 7600+ or simply bump the wastegate to the 11.6 psi spring. Which would net me better results? The car is a 99% roll race 40+ car.

Thanks for the help guys!

Also, I'd love to go e85 but fuel system cost and 45 minute drive to the nearest station limits me to 93 with the methanol as my best fuel solution.

RR5.0

Established Member
I currently live in an apartment so I wouldnt have anywhere to store it, which sucks.

My main concern is if the 3.6 pulley or the 3.33 @ 11.6 wastegated will make more power. Would probably have the Boss Manifold and oil pump gears for either pulley option

the5

Established Member
Would not recommend on going more than 10 PSI on Pump.
E85 not only makes more power but is safer for your engine.
Pump 93 will have lots of detonation.

RR5.0

Established Member
Im aware of the detonation issues. Thats why I'm currently running a dual nozzle methanol setup to cool the charge and prevent detonation.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Boss and 11.5 spring will be faster. 3.6 only makes 12? Psi peak so you will be close to the same peak with a better curve. Who tunes your car?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Stay with the 3.33 wastegate change the spring to 11.6 get a boss intake e-85 and a fuel system, yeah it will cost, but i think you will be pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread