Decided to buy a house

MG0h3

Established Member
I’d bet they screwed up with the flashing on all those seams rather than the lack of shingles.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Coiled03

Established Member
So if you look really close at the metal roof you can see that they didn’t finish the shingles in that area on the roof. Well we had some serious rainfall the past 24hrs.

Holy crap! That blows hardcore!

Like mentioned above, I've never heard of a build progressing to sheetrock until the roof was completely done. You NEED to make them pull that stuff out and redo all of it. Don't take ANY chances there might be mold, especially in a humid environment like where you are.

Laffs

Drop-da-top
Established Member
Man, that water damage sure looks familiar! Been there, done that. Lazy roofers.

Heyyyy, we're not all bad, I mean A LOT are but not all. Commercial Roofing Estimator/PM here, generally we also HATE the idea of interior finishing going in prior to completion of all exterior waterproofing systems and advice against it. Usually how it happens is a scheduling delay for us because of weather causes the GC or client to flip their lid on timelines and they decide to try and finish under us. More times then not this happens. Now if the roofers have been on and offsite repeatedly and theres been no materials hang ups or weather delay, thats just bad practice or over booking.

Sorry to see OP, based on the damage in the pictures I wouldn't accept less than full drywall and insulation removal/replacement in the affected areas, as well as performing some test cuts in other areas of the home to ensure no moisture is present there.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I’d bet they screwed up with the flashing on all those seams rather than the lack of shingles.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

^ I agree. Been there done that. We had some serious wind that night too. Was a test of all the roof to wall flashings.

All the wet areas have to be opened up, dried out and redone. Sucks OP but they will make it right.

nickf2005

Established Member
I agree with others... It may suck to move back a move-in date, but I would force them to replace every bit of that damaged drywall and spot check behind-wall the rest of the house. We got quite a bit of rain during our build as well. Luckily no insulation or drywall was up before the roof was finished, but we still had standing water on the subfloor longer than I would have liked. Just one example attached.

Attachments

• 20150617_182918.jpg
    20150617_182918.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 146

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I sent the PM photos yesterday and he said it will be fixed. Today was a busy one so couldn’t contact him. Will find out tomorrow the COA.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Finally got around to measuring the front door. It’s 96” tall. And the PM had the day off for Good Friday, guess it will be Monday before I find anything out.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Finally got around to measuring the front door. It’s 96” tall. And the PM had the day off for Good Friday, guess it will be Monday before I find anything out.
A tall front door is nice. I had to go back and look at yer pics. Is it 3' or 4' wide?

tistan

Established Member
Man, that water damage sure looks familiar! Been there, done that. Lazy roofers.
That is on the project manager for not being on top of things. He should have never allowed the insulation to be installed without the roof being finished. Either way, his boss is going to be paying to repair it, and if I was the GC in this case, my PM could find a new job or tear that shit out install the insulation and rehang the sheetrock on his time nights and weekends.

If the roofer is backed up, I'll do electrical rough, plumbing rough, and hvac rough.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Small update, less than a month from closingView attachment 1481091View attachment 1481092View attachment 1481093

One of my favorite parts of the kitchen, the pot filler View attachment 1481094View attachment 1481095

The shower is going to be so nice View attachment 1481096View attachment 1481097View attachment 1481098

The master bedroomView attachment 1481099

And so you can see the carpet betterView attachment 1481100

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Really, really nice. And I agree with the pot filler. That rounded countertop in front of the sink is a nice touch too.

Users who are viewing this thread