Decent Paint Job Cost?

copmagnet

Established Member
Hey guys,

I got a 93 Cobra that is the factory red color I just bought from a buddy. Before we put the engine back in it, i thought now would be a good time to get it repainted......engine bay an all. For any of you with experiance in paint prices, what should repainting the entire car the original color (red) cost as a ball park. I am just looking for a good paint job making the car look brand new, nothing show quality. BTW the car needs very minimal body work if any...........

ralphcobra

Established Member
paint job

I am in middle Georgia and we have a shop here that does a real good job with the base coat clear coat repaints. He charged me 2800.00 for mine with small amounts of work to the body, mostly getting everything flat and straight and then cutting in the doors and trunk. He did not paint under the hood at all. Being black, mine didn't really need any work under the hood. The car is not exactly perfect , but fairly close. A good job has a lot to do with the person performing the sanding and buffing after the paint job.Ralph

svtdriven

Established Member
in northern va, a good paint job at a bodyshop can run 3-5k. if I had mine done, I'd probably want a flex-agent used on the whole car, not just the bumpers. I hear it cuts way back on rock chips on repainted cars.

Fiveoh93Snake

Snake Bitten!
Established Member
Here in Tennessee I looked at having my Teal Cobra repainted; needed very very minor bodywork, one small spot of rust bout size of a dime on decklid at edge of rear window, other then that basically just a scuff an shoot kind job. Checked bout four different shops, most wanted in neighborhood of $4k. Also was considering doing a color swap changing from the Teal to Titanium Frost and price went through the roof then; only two of the four shops were even willing to do that (pull motor etc.) price went from around $4k to bout $7500. Ask around though man; don't just take one quote and run with it, paintjobs aint cheap anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread