Deceleration Noise

Caseindaplace

Established Member
(VIDEO BELOW)

I recently had a gear job done on my 2003 cobra due to the previous owner running the car on low dif. Fluid. Gears whined and were very shiny on the ends when removed / inspected. Good call.

Got a swap and got a new set of 3.55s, all ford products, RP fluids - kit from LMR - ford friction additive.

On deceleration, starting at 40mph and below you hear what you hear in the videos. Something done wrong? Thoughts? Needs more additive if it’s a friction problem?

Ignore the loud TAP you may hear, that’s a missing bushing that needs to be replaced on the upper rear shock in the trunk.

I also thought that since the bushing is gone and we tightened down the shock through the trunk, maybe it’s transmitting the noise throughout the car since it’s tightened down more than usual and no buffer (bushing)

40mph deceleration - 3rd gear

20mph deceleration - 2nd gear

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
Sounds like its whining a bit but so hard to tell if it's too much from the video.

I'm guessing that goes away immediately if you apply light throttle?

Sometimes that will calm down a bit with some miles (like 100 or so), sometimes it won't.

I'd go back to the shop and have them take a listen.

Caseindaplace

Established Member
Sounds like its whining a bit but so hard to tell if it's too much from the video.

I'm guessing that goes away immediately if you apply light throttle?

Sometimes that will calm down a bit with some miles (like 100 or so), sometimes it won't.

I'd go back to the shop and have them take a listen.

That or backlash possibly. I’m going to take it back to check and re check. But yes deceleration only and goes away when throttle is applied or clutch is pushed in

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread