Decals

takiotoshi

Established Member
Hi

I thinking on removing my side/hood decals and maybe paint the graphics on the car, does anybody done that already?

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
There should be some people, I have heard of it done. Is yours a '12 or '13? If yours is a '12 then yes, my buddy has his hood painted. If '13, I do not know because you would lose the reflective vinyl. I do not think a paint can replicate that. You may can, I do not know.

takiotoshi

Established Member
I have a 2012 and if I do it I'm planing on having a paint shop do it so no paint cans but I was hoping to see if anyone has done it.

Phantom

El Jeffe 302
Established Member
I have a 2012 and if I do it I'm planing on having a paint shop do it so no paint cans but I was hoping to see if anyone has done it.

I looked into this for my 13...the price to have it done correctly was astronomical.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
I thought about removing all my decals and just doing a flat black/white/blue stripe offset from front to back on the car. Little different and not nearly as expensive as painting on factory decals....

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
I gonna have just the roof painted black for now....the factory decal is starting to get some blemishes in it....then probably the hood when it needs it....my brother in law owns a kustom body shop so.....I'll get it for a playa's price!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

dsp

Established Member
I gonna have just the roof painted black for now....the factory decal is starting to get some blemishes in it....then probably the hood when it needs it....my brother in law owns a kustom body shop so.....I'll get it for a playa's price!!!

I thought the roof was painted on the 2012s. The hood and c-stripes are decals.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
I thought the roof was painted on the 2012s. The hood and c-stripes are decals.
Oh....my mistake.....thought it was a decal too....oopppssss....thank you for the correction

dsp

Established Member
Oh....my mistake.....thought it was a decal too....oopppssss....thank you for the correction

The good news is you can probably just buff out the blemishes and not have to pay for new paint.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Very tru.....I'll just let my brother in law touch it up then.....that'll make him happy too....save him some time painting it...haha

Users who are viewing this thread