Debris in Spark Plug Hole HELP!

Peetiewonder

RoofGone GeorgeJefferson
Established Member
I'm trying to clear some debris that is stuck inside the spark plug hole on Cylinder 4. I'm trying to blow it out, vaccuum it out with no luck. I have no clue what it is, but it looks like rocks or something. I'm really hoping I don't have to pull the head to get to it. Anyone have any pearls of wisdom that might help a young brotha out?

eaglesnick

Established Member
Trying to find a picture of the tool I'm referring to, but don't know what it's called. It's a tool with a spring loaded plunger that when you press it it extends (3) little metal fingers that spread and then when you release the plunger the fingers retract and grab little things. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

2000 gt

Established Member
There called Chinese fingers. That's the tool if that don't work remove the coil (leave plug in) and blow compressed air in the hole. Should blow any debris out

Stanger00

Established Member
I used a magnet pickup tool with tape around the tip to remove debris from one of my cylinders. I had a bunch of belt chunks fall in they ranged from 1/16" to 1/8". Got them all out using that method

SlowSVT

Established Member
George

Get a tube small enough to pass thru the spark plug hole and tape one end of it to a vacuum cleaner making sure it sealed and won't loose vacuum. Snake the other end into the spark plug hole and wiggle it all around inside the cylinder sucking up the offending debris.

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
George

Get a tube small enough to pass thru the spark plug hole and tape one end of it to a vacuum cleaner making sure it sealed and won't loose vacuum. Snake the other end into the spark plug hole and wiggle it all around inside the cylinder sucking up the offending debris.

X2, I have used this method before and it worked

Users who are viewing this thread