Debating Exhaust...

ISUPonyBoy

Mr. Bright Side
Established Member
I am at an empass with what I am going to do with the exhaust of my Cobra. As of right now she is completely stock. I like hearing the blower when I get on her. :evil: But my old GT had an extreamly mean and deep note to it. She had a nice gurgle at idle and at WOT just screamed. I had LT's, a catless x-pipe and two chamber flos. I really liked how loud and deep she sounded. Now I am debating with how I want to tackle the sound of the Cobra.

I am surprised I like the sound of the Cobra as she is, but I would like alittle more agrrssive sound as well as ofcourse the power you gain with a less restrictive set-up. You know the basics.

Anyway it is nice not having to worry about getting on her when a cop is near and having her heard for miles around. But I miss the sound too. I loved that in my GT it sounded like the world is coming to an end. I just dunno if I am getting old and like the blower whine over the exhaust growl or am just not used to the Cobra yet since she spent most of her life with me in the shop. :rolleyes:

I dunno, I was looking at both catted and o/r mid-pipes as well as the gamit of mufflers...

hhhmm

John

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
hit one of the chicago area svt or heart of ililinois svtoa events. then you can hear the cars in person. come to the svtoa national on-track event at the autobahn country club in joliet the weekend of the 21st/22nd and you'll hear all kinds of exhaust combinations.

see you there!

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
If you loved the sound of your last car, I would urge you to do the same setup on this one. I LOVED my last car's exhaust, but wanted to be "different" on the new one. Bad mistake. I like mine now, but it doesn't do it for me like the last one. I say once you find a winning combo you like, stick with it.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Wiked03 said:
Agreed. Opinions vary wildly... the only way to know what you like is to hear it for yourself. :D

Absolutley right on. Go hear it for yourself or you may end up with something nasty. If you cannot make a big event just find where the local cobras cruise/meet.

btw, o/r x and flows...... never heard a good one, I imagine it is the longtubes saving it. Last one I heard had a raspy, tinny rattle sound.
See, opinions vary..... :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread