deatschwerks 95# injector install question

7Lemons

Established Member
Hi all - as part of installing my Procharger stage II kit, I am installing Deatschwerks 95# injectors, and I ran into a question about installation using the extenders ("top hats"). The extenders are to make the EV14 body the length of an EV6 so that they fit as stock ones would. I wondered if I installed them correctly and if I was supposed to use two retaining clips per injector? I installed both, and the first one holds the top hat (extender) to the fuel rail, and the 2nd one I used to hold the injector body to the top hat (see pics). Without the 2nd one, when you would remove the fuel rail they would all come out, possibly making a big mess. I had an issue where I couldn't start my car with the fuel pump fuse out (to drain the fuel)...so I really couldn't drain all the fuel.

Anyway, it's all together back on the motor, but I noticed they are ever so slightly longer than the factory ones as there is a tiny (like 1/16") between the fuel rail bracket holes and the fuel rail spacers. I hope this all makes sense...any insight would be much appreciated. Please see the pics. Let me know if this post would be better in the blower section or other... thank you!

20180413_114738rs.jpg
20180413_121429rs.jpg
20180413_123617rs.jpg

7Lemons

Established Member
Hi all - as part of installing my Procharger stage II kit, I am installing Deatschwerks 95# injectors, and I ran into a question about installation using the extenders ("top hats"). The extenders are to make the EV14 body the length of an EV6 so that they fit as stock ones would. I wondered if I installed them correctly and if I was supposed to use two retaining clips per injector? I installed both, and the first one holds the top hat (extender) to the fuel rail, and the 2nd one I used to hold the injector body to the top hat (see pics). Without the 2nd one, when you would remove the fuel rail they would all come out, possibly making a big mess. I had an issue where I couldn't start my car with the fuel pump fuse out (to drain the fuel)...so I really couldn't drain all the fuel.

Anyway, it's all together back on the motor, but I noticed they are ever so slightly longer than the factory ones as there is a tiny (like 1/16") between the fuel rail bracket holes and the fuel rail spacers. I hope this all makes sense...any insight would be much appreciated. Please see the pics. Let me know if this post would be better in the blower section or other... thank you!

View attachment 1480789 View attachment 1480791 View attachment 1480792
The support guy at deatschwerks got back to me and said that I did it correctly with two clips per injector... they are also able to spin freely inside the fuel rail with the extender, where they are not able to spin without an extender. He said it's all good!

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread