DeatschWerks 300+ fuel pumps fail agin....

10secvette

Established Member
I have JPC's triple pump system. For the second time, the DeatschWerks 300+ pumps are failing. They are supposed to be E85 and pump compatible. Not the case.

As far as there lifetime warranty goes, after the first pump failed, sending debris through the other two pumps and costing me 2 fuel filters. DeatschWerks said they would not warranty the pumps again. First pump failed after a few weeks and less than 300 miles of driving. Figured it was a fluke. Should have known better when he said he would not warranty again. This time around, less than 500 miles and it's taking a shit. I'm pissed because its a royal PITA to swap the pumps, let alone I have to buy three more pumps.

silver50

Established Member
That's messed up man. I don't understand why they will deny warranty unless it was modified, or its a known problem that they don't want to fix. Man I wish you luck, and I hope you keep going after them to fix this problem just does not seem right at all.

Bud

Established Member
I'm not liking the sound of that man. I got the DW300's based on the fact they are warranted in ethanol. I'm running pretty much the same setup as you, haven't had any problems yet but only have about 1k miles on the setup.

10secvette

Established Member
That's messed up man. I don't understand why they will deny warranty unless it was modified, or its a known problem that they don't want to fix. Man I wish you luck, and I hope you keep going after them to fix this problem just does not seem right at all.

I think it's a known problem and they are bailing. It sucks, but oh well.

RusWolf

Established Member
That sucks man, on their website it says the have no fault 3 year warranty.

Why don't you just get Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump?
Good for up to 1000hp on forced induction.

Or aeromotive stelath 340 pump.

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
That sucks man, on their website it says the have no fault 3 year warranty.

Why don't you just get Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump?
Good for up to 1000hp on forced induction.

Or aeromotive stelath 340 pump.

Not sure if the current A1000's are any different from a few years ago, last one I had on E85 the brushes were wearing very quickly. Also the ethanol apparently ate the glue holding the spacers between the magnets causing the spacers to drop into the rotor and jam the pump up. Twice.

Bud

Established Member
Aren't the A1000's noisy as shit?

The import world has been using walbros for years in e85, should have went with those but they aren't warrantied in ethanol. Curious if others have reported problems with the dw300 pumps

RusWolf

Established Member
Not sure if the current A1000's are any different from a few years ago, last one I had on E85 the brushes were wearing very quickly. Also the ethanol apparently ate the glue holding the spacers between the magnets causing the spacers to drop into the rotor and jam the pump up. Twice.

That sucks!

Seems like it's hard to find pumps for E85.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
If there is a lifetime no fault warranty and the pumps are rated for e85 I would definitely do more talking to them. If they are not willing to comply I would take legal action. This is complete BS, I would be livid.

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
I went with Jay Racing Walbro 340 pump and I haven't had any problems, but after every tank of E85 I heard you should run 93 octane thru the system

D.T.R

Established Member
I'd ditch the Deutschwerks 300 and go with Aeromotive 340s. I've ran the 340 on e85 with no issues

Bud

Established Member
Keep us updated on what you hear back. Are you going back in with different pumps anyhow or going to give the dw's another try?

10secvette

Established Member
Keep us updated on what you hear back. Are you going back in with different pumps anyhow or going to give the dw's another try?

I went with Walbro 465's. No, I won't go with the DW pumps again. I've been told they are really $20.00 chinese pumps. Can't confirm it, but they clearly won't live while switching from E85 to pump.

Bud

Established Member
That is where I've heard pumps fail (the old 255 walbro's as well) is when switching from e85 back to pump. I'm swapping back to pump gas in my car for the next few months, will be interesting to see how the DW's like it. I will only be running one pump though while N/A.

Users who are viewing this thread