Dean says Race played a role in the Katrina deaths...

AzDropTop

Established Member
Dean is one funny dude.

Dean: Race Played a Role in Katrina Deaths
Sep 07 7:44 PM US/Eastern

By DENISE KALETTE
Associated Press Writer

MIAMI

Race was a factor in the death toll from Hurricane Katrina, Howard Dean told members of the National Baptist Convention of America on Wednesday at the group's annual meeting.

Dean, chairman of the Democratic party, made the comments to the Baptists' Political and Social Justice Commission. The Baptist Convention, with an estimated 3.5 million members, is one of the largest black religious groups in the country.

"We must ... come to terms with the ugly truth that skin color, age and economics played a deadly role in who survived and who did not," Dean said.

Dean said Americans have a moral responsibility to not ignore the devastating damage caused by Hurricane Katrina when it struck the Gulf Coast.

The former presidential candidate said the government will be judged by how it treats the old, the young and the poor.

"People are poor in different parts of the country. They are not refugees. They are Americans," he said.

Dean said that instead of considering proposed estate tax breaks, the Senate should channel the money into disaster relief.

"Shall we give that to the wealthiest people in the country, or should we rebuild New Orleans?" Dean said.

Dean also urged the government to exempt victims of Hurricane Katrina from a stricter new bankruptcy law for one year.

Ken Mehlman, Dean's counterpart at the Republican National Committee, said he hoped Dean "will match his rhetoric with his support for reforms that replace bureaucracy and entitlement with hope and opportunity."

Stephen J. Thurston, president of the Baptist Convention, said there was a lack of response and sensitivity by the government following the Gulf Coast disaster.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
funny how the libs are constantly shouting about race

funny how the liberal media is showing nothing but the poor disadvantaged looters.

liberal bias would be showing the affluent looters!

UCBeau

Scoriox said:
funny how the liberal media is showing nothing but the poor disadvantaged looters.

liberal bias would be showing the affluent looters!
silly scoriox, whitey's dont loot!

Kman

Established Member
I'm kind of embarrassed of what Barb Bush had to say about the whole disaster, anyone else feel the same way?

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Kman said:
I'm kind of embarrassed of what Barb Bush had to say about the whole disaster, anyone else feel the same way?
I assume you are talking about what she said when she visited the Astrodome about all these people are probably better off here or whatever if so then yes I am very embarrassed by what the stupid b^&@$ said :bash:

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
:mj: :nono: :cuss: :cuss: :bash: F--k Howard Dean...He brought more hippies and homo-sexuals to our state and made it into the rural San- Francisco. He gets off on making news with outrageous quotes or retterick. He was a hippie doctor who turned into the Governor of the weakest state in the country and now he is fostering racism by agreeing with Kanye and the whole hollywood movement against Bush. Instead of Blame Canada in South Park, they will be saying Blame Bush. Dean is famous for his liberal rallies around here. He'd get a bunch of college students from Univ. of Vermont who buy into his B.S. and get them all hopped up on government conspiracies and plots against the Democrats. He has become such a joke around here, I can't wait untill he's exposed on a higher stage.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
I think his statements are very valid...if you listen to eyewitness accounts, if you were white, you feared for your life...the thing that sucks is there were people who did evacuate (b/c the could), people who didnt (b/c they were stubborn or couldnt physically do it) and you have the looters...you cannot defend anyone at this point in time b/c they were doing what they felt necessary to survive, but i'll be damned if I'd subjected any of my family members to what happened at the Superdome, i'd rather drown than to have been in that hell hole

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Kman said:

Babara Bush didn't say shit that should offend anyone. Unless she said something new that I haven't yet heard all she did was say "most of the people there are underpriviledged."...........WHICH IS TRUE! They're f#cking poor. If you call a poor man poor you've done nothing wrong. She wasn't making fun of them.

Users who are viewing this thread