Dealerships Getting Worse?

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I love how when you go to a dealer website there are so many pop-ups and bells ringing it feels like I clicked a random link on Facebook and now my computer has a virus.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Around here they will hire someone that is alive and will show up on time. Turns out that is a high bar to meet...

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
I spent 20 years working in car dealerships before I was set free from that hell. Brands are wanted to kill dealers and sell direct, and man.....burn baby burn. THEY ALL DESERVE IT.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member

Attachments

• 1FB30E8A-17BC-48D1-A702-2F63DEF995FC.jpeg
    1FB30E8A-17BC-48D1-A702-2F63DEF995FC.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 19225D45-E5F2-4361-A575-91D8BA1696D6.jpeg
    19225D45-E5F2-4361-A575-91D8BA1696D6.jpeg
    272.2 KB · Views: 80

dan1982

Established Member
Quite frankly, I dream that I had the dough to experience these problems you speak of at a McLaren dealership.
hahahahahahaha... me too. Maybe someday i would love to have 250-300K to spend. I have to go in stages.. i got to the 100K level. took me almost 40 years. And a motorcycle thats got a years salary into it. The big builds get outta control quickly.

GerryMX

Established Member
The dealership near here has very busy with lots of queries. Of course, they will pay more attention to who they think are big fish or fast money.

Rct851

Established Member
Heard same or very similar stories to this thread many many times. I loathe, detest, and despise the buying process. It should be fun, but it rarely is.
“IT SHOULD BE FUN” this 100%.

Side note-
I just got my oil changed in the f250 at the dealership I bought it from. Oily hand prints everywhere inside and out. I worked quick lane in a past life and I know damn well the simple job can be done cleaner and with more respect to customers vehicles. So frustrating.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Side note-
I just got my oil changed in the f250 at the dealership I bought it from. Oily hand prints everywhere inside and out. I worked quick lane in a past life and I know damn well the simple job can be done cleaner and with more respect to customers vehicles. So frustrating.

I would be pissed.

snakecharmer

Established Member

Side note-

Absolutely unacceptable. But not surprising. Years ago I had one that actually smoked in my car! Everybody in that whole damn dealership knew I was NOT happy.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had good and I've have bad experiences. I bought a 2012 Ram 2500 brand new that had a major cab leak due to a seam seal failure. This dealership went above and beyond to make this right. A Ford dealer whom I've never bought a vehicle from but always use them for service fought with my warranty company who wanted to put a junkyard transmission in my 70,000 ford fusion. They said they refused to do that because they knew how well we took care of our vehicles and they would only put a new ford transmission in it. This went on for two days until the advisor got them to agree to their terms of new ford transmission.

Now my buddy... he bought a new F150. His rear defrost quit working. He took it in and the warranty guy tried everything he could to blame my buddy for the defrost not working. He said there were signs of him cleaning the rear window with a cloth and abrasive cleaner. My buddy got pretty aggravated at they guy and explained to him he had never even touched that rear window. I guess they went back and forth a bit until my buddy said he wasn't going to be accused of something he didn't do and that he worked as a body tech for several years and knew how to properly clean a window with defrost.

Sometimes you just never know what kind of experience you'll have

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread