Dealership issues

Cobradude72

Established Member
Ok so as of right this I am on the 44th day without my boss which is my daily driver because the dealership had to rebuild the entire mt-82 save the case, I was told today would be the day I got her back, so I go up to the dealership to check on progress, they tell me they had everything buttoned up but the car wouldnt go to any other gear other than 1st or 2nd, so now their excuse is the bosses MT-82 is much tighter than that of a regular 5.0 and v6 mustangs so now they have to have the trans shipped off somewhere to be repaired so now it'll be another week im without my car, does anybody know if thats true that the trans that comes on the boss are at all different than those on regular mustangs??? and why is my dealership who's quiet a large volume dealer not have the proper equipment to repair the FORD part???

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
If this warrenty work i would ask for a brand new transmission. Since they were unable to rebuild it an make it work correctly. You may want to contact the ford service rep on the site she maybe able to help you. They should have provided you with a rental for the time being.

Cobradude72

Established Member
If this warrenty work i would ask for a brand new transmission. Since they were unable to rebuild it an make it work correctly. You may want to contact the ford service rep on the site she maybe able to help you. They should have provided you with a rental for the time being.

I asked them if they could give me a new trans but my service advisor said that if ppl from ford saw how bad the trans was that it might get switched over to customer pay, I'm the second owner of the car and I've only had it for about 4 months and I baby the thing, they did not provide a rental but I'm going up there tomorrow to rent one myself as they told me they wouldn't lend me one.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I asked them if they could give me a new trans but my service advisor said that if ppl from ford saw how bad the trans was that it might get switched over to customer pay, I'm the second owner of the car and I've only had it for about 4 months and I baby the thing, they did not provide a rental but I'm going up there tomorrow to rent one myself as they told me they wouldn't lend me one.

Is the car out of its 3yr/36k warrenty? Does the car have ford esp with all the goodies?

Zemedici

Established Member
Yes it's still under warranty and I don't know what ford esp is?

Extended service plan, an additional warranty. If its still under 5/60 there shouldnt be an issue. However, you need to get the specifics of what the dealership is doing to your car. They're sending it where, to a trans shop?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yes it's still under warranty and I don't know what ford esp is?

If your still under the 3yr/36k you should be provided a rental free of charge. Also i dont understand why the dealer would not be able to get you a new trans. The excuse they gave doesnt make much sense to me. Ford ESP = Extended service plan/warrenty.

Zemedici

Established Member
If your still under the 3yr/36k you should be provided a rental free of charge. Also i dont understand why the dealer would not be able to get you a new trans. The excuse they gave doesnt make much sense to me. Ford ESP = Extended service plan/warrenty.

Ford does not provide rental cars. That is up to the dealer's discretion.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Ford does not provide rental cars. That is up to the dealer's discretion.

Interesting as i have always been provided a rental for warrenty work that was more than 1 day. My understanding was that ford reimburst the dealers for providing a rental car under warranty work.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Interesting as i have always been provided a rental for warrenty work that was more than 1 day. My understanding was that ford reimburst the dealers for providing a rental car under warranty work.

Ford Reimburses dealers for incidentals, including rentals, etc. Most dealerships have a limit of this reimbursement, called 'tap money' and once its out for the month, its out.

However, Ford does not explicitly supply rental vehicles. The dealer can pay for them and be reimbursed and use their tap money, or deny the rental car. Its up to the individual dealership.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Ford Reimburses dealers for incidentals, including rentals, etc. Most dealerships have a limit of this reimbursement, called 'tap money' and once its out for the month, its out.

However, Ford does not explicitly supply rental vehicles. The dealer can pay for them and be reimbursed and use their tap money, or deny the rental car. Its up to the individual dealership.

Good to know. Thanks for the info. In the op case i dont see why he has not been provided a rental?

Zemedici

Established Member
if the dealership can get away with NOT paying (on average) $30/day for a rental, they wont. Just think about how fast that would add up.

44 * 30 = $1320, that's just for one car, for one repair.

OP, I would ask for a rental at this point, seeing as how the dealership missed their deadline.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

See Zemedici's comments. TAP money is the support for the DEALERSHIP providing you with a rental car.

For example. I have a GREAT customer that is having warranty work done and their car will be out of commission for 3 days, I will pay for their rental car. Example #2, I have a idiot customer who did not buy their car from me, has raised hell since they walked in, doesn't listen, doesn't reason, etc etc etc. I'll tell him to catch a ride home, see you in three days.

Ok so as of right this I am on the 44th day without my boss which is my daily driver because the dealership had to rebuild the entire mt-82 save the case, I was told today would be the day I got her back, so I go up to the dealership to check on progress, they tell me they had everything buttoned up but the car wouldnt go to any other gear other than 1st or 2nd, so now their excuse is the bosses MT-82 is much tighter than that of a regular 5.0 and v6 mustangs so now they have to have the trans shipped off somewhere to be repaired so now it'll be another week im without my car, does anybody know if thats true that the trans that comes on the boss are at all different than those on regular mustangs??? and why is my dealership who's quiet a large volume dealer not have the proper equipment to repair the FORD part???

I'd like to know what they're saying is wrong with it. Have they supplied you with what they found is the reason it is not working properly? FoMoCo will find ANY chance they can at turning it to customer pay, so for your service adviser to tell you that, he's doing you a favor.

Once Ford would say it's customer pay, there's no going back.

If you can get me the symptoms and a work order on it, I can do my best to shed light on the situation.

Zemedici

Established Member
See Zemedici's comments. TAP money is the support for the DEALERSHIP providing you with a rental car.

For example. I have a GREAT customer that is having warranty work done and their car will be out of commission for 3 days, I will pay for their rental car. Example #2, I have a idiot customer who did not buy their car from me, has raised hell since they walked in, doesn't listen, doesn't reason, etc etc etc. I'll tell him to catch a ride home, see you in three days.

I'd like to know what they're saying is wrong with it. Have they supplied you with what they found is the reason it is not working properly? FoMoCo will find ANY chance they can at turning it to customer pay, so for your service adviser to tell you that, he's doing you a favor.

If you can get me the symptoms and a work order on it, I can do my best to shed light on the situation.

Thanks brother :beer:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Thanks for the info

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the info

Not a problem.

It could be as simple as FoMoCo told them to fix XXXX and then find the symptom, then fix XXXX, etc etc etc....then after they got done with all the "fixes" the hotline provided, and still had the issue, FoMoCo may have told them to send it in.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Not a problem.

It could be as simple as FoMoCo told them to fix XXXX and then find the symptom, then fix XXXX, etc etc etc....then after they got done with all the "fixes" the hotline provided, and still had the issue, FoMoCo may have told them to send it in.

Well i hope you guys can aid/help the op out

Cobradude72

Established Member

I originally brought the car to the dealer for a 5th gear issue, it grinded every time you put it in 5th, the parts were backorder so I waited until December 22nd when they told me the parts were in, I got the car to them asap, upon disassembling the trans the tech discovered that almost the whole transmission needed to be rebuilt, so began the search for parts, a search that only ended this Monday. Now they're saying they do not have the correct equipment to complete the repair. They've finally promised me a rental after I called them again today. And please keep in mind I've always tried to be curtious to those working on and around my baby, and I think I've been more than patient, only in the last few days that they've been pushing the date back further and further have I started to become frustrated, but I still hold myself back.

Users who are viewing this thread