Dealer to sell me a Ford GT @ MSRP

Ford GT Fan

Established Member
FordGTprices.com is mentioned in the "letters" section in the November Car and Driver, that may help wake some dealers up to reality.......

w. mitty

Established Member
hk4site said:
I would like to order a 06 Ford GT @ MSRP, no doc's and in the southwest region, please contact me [email protected]

While I am no expert in GT pricing, I would observe that the market is VERY confused and will continue that way for some time. There seems to be a significant gap between what sellers are asking and what buyers are willing to pay -- just look at the completed auctions on ebay; bid after bid after bid in the low 160's, reserve not met. The only sales that seem to happen are those in the 170's.

With so few cars on the market (as compared to, say, a Corvette) and so few cars coming, it seems that it will take some time to establish a true baseline.

I think your best bet is to do just what you are doing now -- watch for a dealer who does not want to pay flooring on $160,000 car when he could be selling 5 f-150s for the same capital outlay. There are a few out there, and there are GTs being delivered to dealers every day.

I got mine in the 160's after watching the market for about a month. Good luck.

hk4site

Established Member
I want a black car no options not even the side stripes. Most dealers order them loaded I want mine striped.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
hk4site said:
I want a black car no options not even the side stripes. Most dealers order them loaded I want mine striped.

I saw a couple of stripped black GTs on ebay about two weeks ago... they both had starting bids of MSRP. All I can remember on location is... one was in Texas (Dallas area???) and the other was in California.

I think MSRP is well within reality. I have seen/heard of several GT selling for MSRP in the last month. Small town dealers are your best bet... big city dealers are still wanting $20K+ over msrp

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
I'm working Berge Ford on a white car, all options. They're down to 175K, still 15K too high...Wish they would have made white with black stripes too.

Good luck finding a black car with no stripes, probably the rarest color/stripe combo out there.

bossskip302

Established Member
Texstar Ford in Stephenville Tx has a red one, they will take $185,000.00 for it.
You can talk to the owner Doug @ 254-968-7000.

Thanks,

Skip

black_bullitt

Established Member
i saw 2 of them go for $100k above MSRP because the dealers know the demand - they do a silent auction to get the most out of them

but good luck, if you get one, be sure to post pics!

and don't hate me for saying this, but you could provbably save yourself 100 g's and get the same performance with the new 2006 Z06...
(standing by for flaming)

Last edited:

Florida Chris

Established Member
black_bullitt said:
and don't hate me for saying this, but you could provbably save yourself 100 g's and get the same performance with the new 2006 Z06...

Unfortunately I don't have a hairpiece or own any gold chains. I am not sure I am qualified to own a Corvette.

Guess I'll have to stick with my GT.

w. mitty

Established Member
black_bullitt said:

No flames here, and no offense taken.

You bring up an interesting point and one that certainly deserves a response from the GT crowd. While I can't speak for all of us GT owners, I can give you my perspective: I have had 5 different Corvettes, the last being a C5. They are, without question, one of the greatest values around, and a blast to drive.

Let's assume for the sake of argument that the ZO6 is "faster" than the GT (an assumtion that is far from certain). You imply that a person buys a car based on entirely on a vague notion of performance, which, when translated, means "which car is fastest". Fastest where? Racing the ricers from stoplight to stoplight while Johnny law looks on? Fastest at the track where you can have cords showing on your $1000 set of street tires after a day of fun? Fastest on a deserted straight road? Fastest at the mall?

At the end of the day, if all you want are the standard magazine performance numbers (0-60, quarter mile, etc) you can do a heck of a lot better than a new Z06 for a lot less money -- just ask your local drag strip addicts.

What you pay for when you buy a car like the GT is a combination of things not available on a ZO6 : mid engine engineering, a distinct, world dominating, Ferrari trashing racing heritage, Ford stepping up to the plate and building something totally, unreasonably, outrageously cool, very limited production (driving the car in public is more of an event than it is transportation), wicked aerodyamics and ground effects, a supercharger you can see in the rearview, and a thousand other intangibles.

Sure the ZO6 is a great car, but I think the guys buying the GT are interested in more than simple drag race speeds. Having said that, I'll bet a GT will slap the soup out of a ZO6 in all the performace categories that matter :coolman: And the next time I'm doing 205 mph on the way to the mall, I'll be sure to waive at the lowly Z06 driver puttering along in the slow lane at 196. :rockon:

Last edited:

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Florida Chris said:
Unfortunately I don't have a hairpiece or own any gold chains. I am not sure I am qualified to own a Corvette.

Guess I'll have to stick with my GT.

good one :lol: :lol: . dare i say this we have a used grey one with 150 miles on it. no stripes and asking high 180 to 190k.

hk4site

Established Member
I am holding out for a 06 @ MSRP, I was hoping that a sales manager might be looking at the forum

bouncer18

Established Member
50 BMG said:
I'm working Berge Ford on a white car, all options. They're down to 175K, still 15K too high...Wish they would have made white with black stripes too.

Good luck finding a black car with no stripes, probably the rarest color/stripe combo out there.

They got one for sale here in town

OlatheFord.com

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
hk4site said:
I am holding out for a 06 @ MSRP, I was hoping that a sales manager might be looking at the forum

Smart idea, told the old man to wait and get his GT's in 06.

05's will hit MSRP (or less possibly?) like naptime when the 06 "model" debuts.

BTW, nice car list. I used to own a 96 NSX, I miss that car like crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread