Dealer suggests reporting The Stall this way...

Cobra'03

Established Member
My dealer said that in addition to having the Service people at your dealership call the Hot Line, they should file an EDSR: Electronic Dealer Service Report. Doing both causes two "ticks" in Ford's system of monitoring field reports of problems. Ford has a threshold, below which it apparently shrugs off stuff as "noise". One can argue that that bites, but I am a realist.

So, those of you who have been to the dealer for this, make your dealer follow up. Otherwise, any fix may be really long in the making. I personally may not have the patience to wait it out.

My dealer is reluctant to do some of the "fixes" others have tried: bumping the idle, messing with the MAF, etc. I can understand that. He made a point that once you start to fool around with these cars, the variables go up geometrically, and it is possible that they can mask the true problem.

He said he will keep tracking the PCM calibrations, the latest being 24.7 which did not help me. If there is a new one, he will reflash it anytime and every time I want, since it has been his experience that some driveability issues like this are "secretly" corrected, and released in a batch of fixes that result in a new calibration - often it is undocumented.

Users who are viewing this thread