Dealer stickers on bumpers

SVTINBLAK

Established Member
I kid you not....I saw a "Stan McNabb Chevrolet" sticker on 2002 Vette the other day.Plus it was CROOKED :fm: . When I bought my 95 years ago at "Jim Reed Chevrolet" I said "DO NOT PUT STICKERS ON MY BUMPER".The salesmand said "he had too",it was how they advertised.I told him to forget
the deal and was going to leave.He said "okay sir,no stickers".Well well well,what do I find when I get home.My bad for not doing one last walk around before I left.Not only did they put their sticker on my car,but they put a sticker of their little cartoonman that they use to advertise.I was furious! I took those off of course.
I now notice crooked stickers on the back of cars everywhere I go! Especially while sitting in traffic..I am going crazy :banana:
Anybody have stories to share?

Deftones

Established Member
When I bought my 2000 Mustang GT brand new in 2000 (since gone) I also told the dealer no stickers. I hate them, and I also notice crooked stickers on new cars around here. I also hate the Enterprise Rental car little green sticker, they 99% of the time put them crooked on all their rentals.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
when i bought my cobra i took the sticker off and placed in on the salemans desk...i also told him not to put it on the car when i doing the paperwork.

He fed me the same line about advertising...the blank stare on his face when i set the Emblem/sticker on his desk was priceless, He got the license plate frame back as well LOL

cobra1993svt

Established Member
When I got my 93 Cobra there was one on it while they were taking it out of the showroom. I promptly went over and pulled off the metal "Winner Ford" decal/plate. The salesman said I cant do that. I said then pay me for advertising. He kinda gave me a hard time about it but eventually said it was OK. I have no problem telling people where I got the car but no free advertising

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Unless they want to pay me a monthly ad fee, There will never be a sticker on my car. They wont give me the car for free so why should I advertise?

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
When I got my 93 Cobra there was one on it while they were taking it out of the showroom. I promptly went over and pulled off the metal "Winner Ford" decal/plate. The salesman said I cant do that. I said then pay me for advertising. He kinda gave me a hard time about it but eventually said it was OK. I have no problem telling people where I got the car but no free advertising

hahahaha you cant do that? Next time say, "dont worry sir, I am taking it off to put it on my Rusted 1987 Minivan...."

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Its not really a big deal to me. The dealer I buy my stuff from in town has a pretty cool logo they use for a sticker and being in the parts business here I don't mind advertising for my customer. That being said when we bought our shelby they didn't put one on it even though we didn't ask them not too.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I promptly went over and pulled off the metal "Winner Ford" decal/plate. The salesman said I cant do that. I said then pay me for advertising. He kinda gave me a hard time about it but eventually said it was OK.

Ha, I would have stuck it on his shirt after that comment. I'd love to see a salesman pull that with me, trying to tell me what I can and can't do with my brand new car.

My mom's new 335i had 3 dealer-installed 'advertisements'. There was a vinyl sticker on the trunk, a license plate frame, and a shiny silver sticker on the back of the rearview mirror so you could see it from the front. I pulled them all off as soon as she brought it home. Of course, I couldn't help but pull off all but a few letters of the "PASSPORT" sticker and take a pic with "ASS" on the trunk of her car lol.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
When I bought my lightning I was inside looking out the window at it doing the paperwork and I seen a guy walk out with a Suntrup dealer emblem, I said if you put that on that truck the deals off. He said that is mandatory I said see ya.
They made an exception ,LOL. I am not advertising for no one unless it's myself or my parent's company.

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
Basically what everyone here said. I allways go car shopping with my parents, since they have no clue about cars, and tell them if that car comes out of make ready with a sticker on it the deal is off. They give the typical "oh i have to", I usually come back with,"oh, well WE don't HAVE to buy this car from you". They allways cave

Last edited:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
During the deal making on my GT500, I mentioned to the saleman about no advertisement, and he stated "we do not do anything like that to SVT or Shelby vehicles, PERIOD". I was amazed......

Common

Established Member
I kid you not....I saw a "Stan McNabb Chevrolet" sticker on 2002 Vette the other day.Plus it was CROOKED :fm: . When I bought my 95 years ago at "Jim Reed Chevrolet" I said "DO NOT PUT STICKERS ON MY BUMPER".The salesmand said "he had too",it was how they advertised.I told him to forget
the deal and was going to leave.He said "okay sir,no stickers".Well well well,what do I find when I get home.My bad for not doing one last walk around before I left.Not only did they put their sticker on my car,but they put a sticker of their little cartoonman that they use to advertise.I was furious! I took those off of course.
I now notice crooked stickers on the back of cars everywhere I go! Especially while sitting in traffic..I am going crazy :banana:
Anybody have stories to share?

I absolutely hate those.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Unless they want to pay me a monthly ad fee, There will never be a sticker on my car. They wont give me the car for free so why should I advertise?

I agree. I tell them in no uncertain terms that there will be no dealer stickers or plateframes on MY car. If they want to negotiate a fee, we can discuss that.

I remember as a kid the dealers used to use metal logos that were bolted to the car.

Users who are viewing this thread