Dealer Status vs. VOPC Status

Toxicsnake

Established Member
Just Joined...GREAT FORUM! Question for all you SVT people. but first a little background info. Purchased an '03 Cobra that a dealer had coming in for stock, dealer ETA was 08/05/02. I have been tracking this vechicle with the automated VOPC status system. The car was built the week of July 22nd, released to convoy carrier on 7/29, shipped 7/30 and delivered to dealer, according to VOPC, on 08/06/02. Now, spoke with dealer today, 8/9/02, and was told they have no status on it. So my question is, who do I believe VOPC who said the dealer has it, or the dealer who says they don't? Seems a little strange that a car carrier would show up at a dealer and the sales manager wouldn't know. Any thoughts? Here is the VIN if anyone would like to track it: 1FAFP48Y23F302453. Thanks in advance!:??:

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
I can't really speak for your dealership, but my experience was that I was able to determine my vehicle's location more accurately than my salesman. For example, I called him on Monday (after the vehicle was delivered Saturday) to ask him about the car and he said "it's not here yet." I had to tell him to take a look out back....
Best of luck!
Pete

Toxicsnake

Established Member
Update:
Called dealer sales manager this morning, informed him of the vopc status. He went and checked all of his lots and says the car is not there. He also called the VOPC status line and his explanation is that the "final destination" is some rogue SVT final clearance checkpoint center -- what is is the Check Point Charlie or are we deep inside the Kremlin here! He says a ford rep will be in on monday to listen to the message and to help locate the car. He is definitely baffled by this. If you were a dealer and a customer said the car was delivered and you don't have it, wouldn't you pull out all the stops to find it? Truly a ?!?!?!?!?!?! man. A question for anyone out there who can answer, can't a ford dealer track the exact status of one of their cars?

Toxicsnake

Established Member
How to get a VIN

You can get the VIN directly from your dealer via the daily status report or the DORA. I suggest you ask for the DORA, there is absolutely no reason why they wouldn't have it.

a94cobra

Established Member
At the dealership I delt with, the GM knows each morning he shows up for work what cars have arrivered that morning. He personally goes and looks at them. When my Cobra showed up, I was called at 8am and was told it was there.

Users who are viewing this thread