Dealer service...

Sublimize23

Established Member
I know most of you guys get your cars worked on by the dealerships. I hate it when they joyride my car, and I know I'm not alone on this. A road test for a transmission fluid change and inspection/emissions? Give me a break. They already heard it from me, I'll be looking for a new place to get work done...

juzlookzfazt

Established Member
When I worked at a Ford dealer, boy o boy they knew what they were driving. Whenever I saw a Cobra being driven by employees....they didnt exactly stay at the 20 MPH limit on the roads inside the dealership. That road test they did sounds reasonable to me though? I wouldn't want your car leaving our service center without some sort of proper testing first you know, just to keep you at peace of mind, and us knowing we did a good job and you wont come back with a lawsuit to slap in our faces lol, if I were a service manager or tech.

skatermckimm

4.6 ohc
Established Member
when i worked at the ford dealership for detail, we worked side by side ith the techs, and one of the highlights of the day was watching them drive the gt's and cobras in and around the shop, talk about burnouts, that is the reason when my car goes in the shop, so do i. i dont ever leae my cars sight

juzlookzfazt

Established Member
^ The techs at the Ford dealer I worked at never did that stuff, it was actually the Detail guys LOL. Literaly, EVERY car this one detail guy drove pass us, he would burn out or something, from mustangs to minivans, cobras to cobalts, it was funny because the tech I worked with would cuss at him lmao.

Sublimize23

Established Member
I watch over the guy who works on my car like a hawk when it goes there, but according to them, it was "on the emission machine" for about 15-20 minutes. :rolleyes:

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
You know you guys can ride with them if they do any "test" of whatever they just gone done doing.

Users who are viewing this thread