Dealer said "no trades on shelby's"

xenodragon

Established Member
Before I say fine I will take my business elsewhere. I wanted to make sure this wasnt common. I cant understand why they wouldnt take trades on Shelby's....its always something around here...either they want 5-10k over msrp or they wont take trades....ugh

mullens

Established Member
Not common at all. Actually it is the first time I've ever heard of that. You're not buying a Veyron. The guy's a douche. Bring your business elsewhere

Kapy

Established Member
Extremely odd and ignorant of the dealer. Used car sales are at there highest right now and if you have a clean trade, well their loss.

Find somebody else who wants to operate their business intelligently.

Good luck.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If it's an odd trade I would understand...but they will make money on the trade so I don't understand.

xenodragon

Established Member
What are you trying to trade?

I am trying to trade my CTS-V...but they havent looked at the V yet even, they just responded saying no trades on new Shelby's and theres ADM on the car as well.

I am starting to run out of dealers. I have checked a few others and they all wants 5k ADM. I have checked some rural dealers as well in Minnesota with no luck. Had one dealer say these are limited production cars that will be worth 10 times their value in 20 years.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
this seems to be an epidemic in the northeast. Start looking elsewhere, there are plenty of cars out there.

97DOHCobra

Established Member
dealer wants my 03. is looking forward to getting it - hoping i dont sell it before the new one arrives. they gave a reasonable offer as well.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You gotta expand your search area! Be willing to travel.

Also- you can take your trade out of the equation by selling it through Carmax- or disposing it through autotraders trade in marketplace

frydguy79

Established Member
I am trying to trade my CTS-V...but they havent looked at the V yet even, they just responded saying no trades on new Shelby's and theres ADM on the car as well.

I am starting to run out of dealers. I have checked a few others and they all wants 5k ADM. I have checked some rural dealers as well in Minnesota with no luck. Had one dealer say these are limited production cars that will be worth 10 times their value in 20 years.

call me....

Users who are viewing this thread