Dealer now willing to sell at MSRP!

POINTCOVER

Established Member
Got a phone call yesterday from a small dealer on Long Island. They want to now if I still wanted one. I told them only at MSRP. One hour later they called back and agreed. Sales price at MSRP! :pepper: :banana:
Black with silver stripes!!!

Is this a new trend???

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
congrats on the purchase. We can only hope thats a trend. I was just checking out ebay and dealers are asking around 60-70k which is pretty rediculous. It'll be a badass car though.

R1Lello

Established Member
POINTCOVER said:
Got a phone call yesterday from a small dealer on Long Island. They want to now if I still wanted one. I told them only at MSRP. One hour later they called back and agreed. Sales price at MSRP! :pepper: :banana:

Is this a new trend???

Silver not available in the stripes, med grey called Tungsten or white stripes available with the Black only

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Cool .. I hope it's a trend! Great color combo, can't wait til some of you guys get these things & we get some great pics & real opinions from real people.

Congrats!

1 BULLITT

SVT Rocks
Established Member
There are about 10 GT500s for sale on ebay, the favorite tool for AMV promotions. I don't see the action I would expect if prospective buyers were willing to max out their home equity lines. Some bids have been there for days.

venams03

Established Member
1 BULLITT said:
There are about 10 GT500s for sale on ebay, the favorite tool for AMV promotions. I don't see the action I would expect if prospective buyers were willing to max out their home equity lines. Some bids have been there for days.

Why does everyone keep talking about the ebay auctions? Don't you guys know that most of those bids (for cars) are fake? And the very few auctions for cars that are legitimate: There's nothing making the buyer complete the transaction. Bad feedback. PLEAASSEEE. I'm tired of reading the posts about ebay.

I wish ADMIN would ban those posts :mj:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
POINTCOVER said:

Is this a new trend???

did you get that in writing? :rolleyes:

I guarantee they'll ask for more once you come in to get the car. Unless of course you're paying cash..................

drmustang

Banned
A full cash payment eliminates the dealers opportunity to offer you financing at X% and pocket the difference between that and the .5-1.0% less the actual interest rate is. A cash customer is for real only after his check clears or the currency is passed on to the retailer.

An MSRP sale will provide the retailer with well over 4 grand and about another $1,300 holdback credit.

1 BULLITT

SVT Rocks
Established Member
venams03 said:
... Don't you guys know that most of those bids (for cars) are fake?
Absolutely.

You misunderstood the intent of my post. If dealers were to be successful in what they claim they are getting for the GT500s there would be a lot more doing the same thing, at the same time.

Machinator

Banned
POINTCOVER said:

Is this a new trend???

Hey man, I have a question which dealer was it in Long Island. I am not trying to hijack your car I am interested in how they were able to do this deal.
Thanks
Scott

jman345

Banned
POINTCOVER said:

Is this a new trend???

Sure you got one for msrp price i call B.S. why would they sale you one for msrp when so many people are paying over msrp they would have to be the dumbest people in the world so i dont think so salesman arnt called snakes in the grass for nothing.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
jman345 said:
Sure you got one for msrp price i call B.S. why would they sale you one for msrp when so many people are paying over msrp they would have to be the dumbest people in the world so i dont think so salesman arnt called snakes in the grass for nothing.
Maybe they value his business and see the long term benefit of a returning customer base.

POINTCOVER

Established Member
jman345 said:

Call it what you want tough guy. Some dealers still look at the value of the customer. Anyway, why the hell would I lie about it?

Users who are viewing this thread