Dealer Kills Tranny & Tries to Stiff Me...AGAIN!!!

Cobra*Commander

Established Member
Roughly 10 months ago Ford dealership "A" blew my transmission by forgetting to put oil in after replacing my clutch. Ultimately, they ponied up for a rebuilt transmission...with only a 3 month warranty!:fm: You can read the full post here...Ford Blows Up My Tranny

So now 10 months later my brand new OEM clutch and flywheel go out. Upon inspection by different Ford dealership, "B", I learn my whole front hub (bell housing) needs replaced. They inform me that they believe the Ford dealership "A" installed a broken part. When I question dealership "A", I'm told I'm outside my warranty. Once I mention getting my attorney involved they look closer and find out that a TSB was issued that solves this issue. See this thread for info on TSB. Unfortunately they didn't realize this when they put in the rebuilt transmission. Dealership "A" has now offered a "goodwill" adjustment toward the repair by offering to pay for the $408 retail price of the new hub part.

Is it me or shouldn't they be responsible for EVERYTHING (new clutch, flywheel, labor, etc) since they didn't give me a transmission that was compliant with the TSB's issued at that time??? :shrug: Despite the car having 10 months & 16k miles on the rebuilt tranny?

cbr repsol

Established Member
Im not saying what they did was right but even a new car has a maximum of 1year and 12k miles for warranty on clutch and flywheel. I say if it burnt out within the first month or so,they gotta fit the whole thing....I dont belive they are responsible for labor...you can try to push the issue but may result in nothing.

Cobra*Commander

Established Member
I didn't clarify in my post that the clutch and flywheel did wear out prematurely because of what broke in the transmission. From what I'm told by dealership "B", the TOB was not sitting properly when engaging.

If the above is true then I wouldn't be replacing a clutch and flywheel if they hadn't gave me a faulty tranny.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Should they cover it all? Yes
Will They ? No.

Take what you can and just move on. It would not be worth the effort and trouble to try and get them to pay anything more than what they have offered. Just think, you could be forced to buy that $408 part and be really screwed.

A lawyer isnt really going to get you much more than what the TSB would cover anyways, not to mention his fee for his work.

How much is the repair? Any pictures?

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
the throwout bearing sleeve is a common issue with our t56 but should the dealership be responsible for eating the entire repair, IMO no. yes it really sucks that they killed your original trans but the same exact issue could have happened to your original trans if they didnt blow it up. there is no way that they could have known your sleeve was ready to break. sure it would be great if the dealership wanted to go ahead and fix any up coming issues with your vehicle just because, but its unfortuneately its a business and they are out to make money.

Users who are viewing this thread