Dealer issue about warranty

vergil

Established Member
Hi guys my car is making this very loud clunking noise it has 23.500(2012 base gt) miles on it after a year and spending almost $1000 just to address the issue finally they admitted that it is broken pinion rings, gears and some other things in the back. When I first had the issue I took it to the them and they said it is coming from the TORSION Bar bushing(no Torsion bar on Mustang). Now they are saying it won't be covered under warranty because of Drag racing and want to charge over $350 for just checking it. I swear I went to drag strip only once and it was after the issue started. I have after market suspension parts on my car but without even asking Ford they are telling me it won't be covered under warranty. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hi guys my car is making this very loud clunking noise it has 23.500(2012 base gt) miles on it after a year and spending almost $1000 just to address the issue finally they admitted that it is broken pinion rings, gears and some other things in the back. When I first had the issue I took it to the them and they said it is coming from the TORSION Bar bushing(no Torsion bar on Mustang). Now they are saying it won't be covered under warranty because of Drag racing and want to charge over $350 for just checking it. I swear I went to drag strip only once and it was after the issue started. I have after market suspension parts on my car but without even asking Ford they are telling me it won't be covered under warranty. Any suggestions?

More info please. What mods do you have on your car?

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
i hate when ford thinks they can do stuff like this.....what do they think people are gonna do sith the cars? go get milk and groceries? id take my car back and find a dealer that would accomodate you and honor the factory warranty...mind you if you bring the car in with a bunch of mods they have a case...if your relatively stock then id fight to the death to have it covered under warranty.

vergil

Established Member
18-8 Tsw Nurburgrings, Koni yellows, Steeda sport springs, whiteline adj. upper, bmr lower control arm, j&m adj panhard bar, ford racing sway bars and steeda cai with diablo tune.

Last edited:

vergil

Established Member
Man I even have continental contiprocantact tires in the rear how am I going to drag race with those.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Koni yellws, Steeda sport springs, whiteline adj. upper, bmr lower control arm, j&m adj panhard bar, ford racing sway bars and steeda cai with diablo tune.

You tuned your car. Unless YOU can prove the tune didn't cause the issue, you're SOL. Once you tune a vehicle, repairs will be on you.

Say you sold refrigerators and warrantied them yourself. Say an average refrigerator can cool items to 55 degrees, BUT if you take out a regulator, you can cool items to 48 degrees. BUT by taking out the regulator you run the risk of the motor overheating and failing.

As a manufacturer, would you warranty (i.e. spend money) fixing someone's refrigerator that may it run different than how it was intended from the factory? No.

i hate when ford thinks they can do stuff like this.....what do they think people are gonna do sith the cars? go get milk and groceries? id take my car back and find a dealer that would accomodate you and honor the factory warranty...mind you if you bring the car in with a bunch of mods they have a case...if your relatively stock then id fight to the death to have it covered under warranty.

I hate when customers think they can complain like you. Honor the factory warranty? He tuned it, say good-bye to the factory warranty.

Fight to the death LOL

Man I even have continental contiprocantact tires in the rear how am I going to drag race with those.

They don't care if you have skinnies on the back.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They didn't even check with Ford they assume it will be denied.

You obviously don't know how tunes work.

Say your Mustang's computer when it came off the line had the settings recorded as a "1". Every time Ford comes up with a new update and flashes it, it will increase. So after the first flash, it will have a "2" and so on. Now, when Ford flashes it, they update their system as well. So if Ford's system says "4" and your car says "5", it WON'T be covered. It'd be a waste of the dealership's time to even submit it to Ford.

vergil

Established Member
You tuned your car. Unless YOU can prove the tune didn't cause the issue, you're SOL. Once you tune a vehicle, repairs will be on you.

Say you sold refrigerators and warrantied them yourself. Say an average refrigerator can cool items to 55 degrees, BUT if you take out a regulator, you can cool items to 48 degrees. BUT by taking out the regulator you run the risk of the motor overheating and failing.

As a manufacturer, would you warranty (i.e. spend money) fixing someone's refrigerator that may it run different than how it was intended from the factory? No.

I hate when customers think they can complain like you. Honor the factory warranty? He tuned it, say good-bye to the factory warranty.

Fight to the death LOL

They don't care if you have skinnies on the back.

If you are against it that bad why are you on this kind of forum go rip your customers.

vergil

Established Member
You obviously don't know how tunes work.

Say your Mustang's computer when it came off the line had the settings recorded as a "1". Every time Ford comes up with a new update and flashes it, it will increase. So after the first flash, it will have a "2" and so on. Now, when Ford flashes it, they update their system as well. So if Ford's system says "4" and your car says "5", it WON'T be covered. It'd be a waste of the dealership's time to even submit it to Ford.

I am %100 sure they are talking about my suspension mods not cai and the tune.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you are against it that bad why are you on this kind of forum go rip your customers.

Against what? Cheating the system? I'm against all forums of cheating actually. That's a fairly moral view on life.

Go rip my customers? LOL This wouldn't be an issue if you hadn't voided the warranty.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I am %100 sure they are talking about my suspension mods not cai and the tune.

Regardless of what you say.

I swear I went to drag strip only once and it was after the issue started.

I'm sure it was after it started. If you were having issues, why in the hell would you take it the strip to make it worse?

with diablo tune

Tune = NO WARRANTY.

I wish luck to people who has to deal with you.

LOL What part of this is so hard for you to understand? You voided the warranty, now you have an issue, and you're mad the warranty won't cover it? Give me a break.

scotmach

Established Member
I agree that you should be denied warranty on this. You have a bunch of suspension parts, tuned the car, and took it to the drag strip. No way Ford should have to warranty this.

You do know that the Torsen rear you have is not meant for drag racing?

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
I can't resist.:dancenana:

[video=youtube;bIfzyYT1Oho]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIfzyYT1Oho[/video]

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
The suspension mods is going to be the reason why the warranty repairs are going to be denied.

In no way shape or form does the tune have anything to do with the rear end clunk.

vergil

Established Member
I agree that you should be denied warranty on this. You have a bunch of suspension parts, tuned the car, and took it to the drag strip. No way Ford should have to warranty this.

You do know that the Torsen rear you have is not meant for drag racing?

I have the base with 3.31 I don't think it is Torsen.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The suspension mods is going to be the reason why the warranty repairs are going to be denied.

In no way shape or form does the tune have anything to do with the rear end clunk.

The suspension mods has to do with it as well. I don't agree with you saying that the tune has nothing to do with it being denied.

vergil

Established Member
Regardless of what you say.

I'm sure it was after it started. If you were having issues, why in the hell would you take it the strip to make it worse?

Tune = NO WARRANTY.

LOL What part of this is so hard for you to understand? You voided the warranty, now you have an issue, and you're mad the warranty won't cover it? Give me a break.

No sir I had the issue before the drag strip I have it for a year now Drag strip was 2 months ago they said it is torsion bar bushing and I will be ok, you are probably right I should forget about the warranty thanks for the posts.

Users who are viewing this thread