Dealer Delivery Instructions

DougM

Established Member
Hey guys -
As I'm anxiously awaiting the build/delivery of my 2014 I've seen in numerous threads mention of detailed delivery instructions. I've not seen anything in a combined thread so I'd like to know what you all asked the dealer to do upon delivery.

What I've told the rep and the manager was "no one touches it or drives it" - to which they responded "of course - we won't even gas it up. We'll let you drive us to the gas station to fill it up." What other detail should be given?

Thanks,
Doug

Marc

Established Member
1) Don't let them put any dealer decals
2) When they do the inspection, tell them to remove that sticker on the driveshaft that if it comes loose, will drive you crazy.
3) I believe they have to take it out for a 5 mile drive (I could be wrong) to ensure all is working OK

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Member Snoopy49 had a nice list, maybe he has it posted somewhere.
I discussed it with my dealer but luckily my dealer was great with the delivery, it sat inside for the week it was at the dealer, hand washed the Sat I picked it up and I drove it first with 5 miles on it to get gas.
Hopefully your's will be the same.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
1) Don't let them put any dealer decals
2) When they do the inspection, tell them to remove that sticker on the driveshaft that if it comes loose, will drive you crazy.
3) I believe they have to take it out for a 5 mile drive (I could be wrong) to ensure all is working OK
I do not think they need to drive it, mine didn't.
Also, the driveshaft sticker was a 2013 build issues, supposedly that's resolved, mine did not have the issue.
-J

Roadhand

Established Member
I told mine the same: no one drives it but me. Didn't want some Ferris Bueller antics. They took all the plastic covers off which was fine by me. Had 1.1 mi when I took it for the test drive. No one had told me (or them) that the supercharger is locked out for the first 5 miles or 50 cycles of the key. I was disgusted with the poor performance and ready to take it back when it rolled 4.9 to 5.0 and the beast came alive.:pepper:

Loaded it on the car dolly and hauled it home......

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have mine.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Pretty much the same as everybody else. Requested all paperwork, build sheet and such, was put in glove box for me. They pulled it inside and I drove it out of the showroom, they didn't even go with me to fill it up, handed me the dealership credit card said to go fill it up. No ropes around it but they did keep everyone away from it. When somebody got close, one of the salesmen would position themselves between the looky looker and my car, saw this happen before I drove out. They did wash it for me but they had one trusted guy do it and not the cleanup kids. All was well when I drove out with it, the way it should be!!

raustin0017

Established Member
Picked mine up less than two weeks ago. The brake fluid was overfilled. Tire pressure was 42.5 on rears and 41 on fronts. Both items fixed on the spot. Car had 6.3 miles first time I drove it.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Bugh, my car had 18.x miles on it from "random selection of quality control" or maybe it was 36 miles...eh, who cares...

dont drill anything, no stickers, no paint correction etc...

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Yeah, mine had 14 miles from the quality control thing.

Frankly, I was very happy someone at Ford, who is trained to look for problems and would be in the best position to find them picked my car for that. They can have the firstn14- I get the next 200k!

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
Check the intercooler pump to make sure it is plugged in correctly.

Check the paint....do not let them wash the car if you are anal at all. They swilred the hELL out of my wife's car. I spent 2 days on paint correction.

Check the brake fluid.

Check the oil level.

Check the coolant level - visual of course if the car is hot.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Do NOT install the front license plate. That one really pi$$es me off! There are no drill units out there that you can purchase for a minimal amount.

If you are going to let them prep it ask for all of the little stickers and tags. Some are actually specific to your vehicle with the VIN on them. Others generic, but still cool to have.

Tom

OaktownACE

Established Member

railroad

Established Member
Watch for key code tags attached to each set of keys. My sales person removed, trashed and put on their key fob. I was unable to retrieve them, but did get the code #.

DougM

Established Member
Thanks for pointing out the noobs thread, but I did read through that and it did cover the "things to check" and I plan on checking that, but I'm looking more for dealer behavior specific things to watch out for and not things coming from the Ford manufacturing process.

Thanks for all the tips - keep 'em coming if you have any. I did tell them no stickers, they asked to be able to put a plate frame with their name and I agreed to not take it off in the lot before I leave :)

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I havn't seen it mentioned yet, but don't let them detail the car. The stripes (if you ordered it with them) are easy to scratch. Best to take it home dirty and detail it yourself or take it to your preferred professional detail guy.

Also, if you ordered the car cover they may have a hard time finding it. Oftentimes the cover arrives at a different time than the car. My box was sitting in the parts department and they sales guys didn't even know it was there. They said they didn't have it yet but went to check Parts as an afterthought and found it laying on a shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread