Deal of a lifetime... But still have some questions

NinnySVT

Been a while since I've posted on here. Well I had been getting to a point where I was considering just getting something new like a Speed6 or an STi as I wanted something awd and turbo... But after test driving both, the speed6 was way too slow and the STi was just uncomfortable. So I decided to hold off for a while. Well I had mentioned it to one of my coworkers who had an 04 whippled cobra. Totalled the car but was given the option to buy it back and kept pretty much everything before scrapping the body. He has a 94 Lincoln Mark VII that he intends to drop his motor in but wants to go twin turbo since he had an MMR motor built to handle 1000+hp. Now here's where the deal of a lifetime comes in. He offered to trade me even up for everything needed to eaton swap my car in exchange for all of my NA stuff.

So here's my question to you. I have what I believe to be an almost complete "kit" but still not 100% if it's everything and being that it's my DD I can't take the chance of pulling it all apart only to find out i'm missing something. So as of now this is what I have

Timing cover with all the idler pulleys and tensioner
sc pulley bracket with idlers and tensioner
lower intake manifold, coolant adapter, and intercooler
m112 and throttle body elbow
JLT fwi
complete engine wiring harness
all the vacuum lines
intercooler reservoir
harmonic balancer and s/c pulley/bracket
alternator bracket
all the coolant hoses for intercooler and radiator
coolant crossover tube
boost bypass solenoid and egr vacuum solenoid
bosch intercooler pump

I'm picking up some 39# injectors later on today but the only things that aren't included that I can think of are heat exchanger, alternator, fuel pump, throttle body, and map sensor.

I haven't been able to find any detail on whether or not the 03/04 cobras have a MAP sensor. All i'm basing it off of is my old GTP and swapping the supercharged 3.8 into another grand prix of mine and having to have a 2bar map so the pcm would register boost.

As for the fuel pump, a buddy of mine has a spare walbro 255. I keep reading people swapping in focus pumps. Would this be necessary if I can get my hands on the walbro?

Also, since the throttle body isn't included, am I able to bolt up my stock one?

and lastly, is there anything that I'm missing based on the list I provided?

Oh, also we were both wondering. He also has the stock PCM. Would it make more sense to have my stock one tuned or switch my stock one out for his 04 cobra one? If it's at all possible to do so, or will the car even start?

Last edited:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Read the sticky in this forum for all the parts needed. You don't need to engine harness. You can buy the pigtails from Ford and use your existing harness. I thought walbro made return style pumps. You can't use a pump from a return style fuel system.

You need an upgraded MAF. Just get an SCT one and your tuner will set it up for your car when you bring it in. You need the power steering reservoir bracket. You need to do your research on this swap before doing it. If your friend will do a straight up trade then do it.

NinnySVT

I already have the parts. I believe I have the p/s bracket. I'll verify to make sure. As for the maf, I can pick one of those up. I've read the sticky but a lot of the questions I have weren't provided. The engine harness is plug and play. I'd much rather use that one rather than splicing wires into my factory harness. Especially considering how simple it is to unplug the old one and hook the new one up.

Would I be better suited getting a boost-a-pump?

Last edited:

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I don't think the harness is plug in play... that would require taking his computer and gauge cluster too at the very minimum and I'm sure other things. When I did my swap I used my stock harness. You only need to extend a few wires and wire in the intercooler pump. Not a big deal at all.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
I don't think the harness is plug in play... that would require taking his computer and gauge cluster too at the very minimum and I'm sure other things. When I did my swap I used my stock harness. You only need to extend a few wires and wire in the intercooler pump. Not a big deal at all.

+1 on the stock harness. You only need to extend like two connectors

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

cobraguy96

Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread