deadline to order a 2014 gt

levelbelow2000

Established Member
anyone know when the deadline to order a 2014 gt is? Thinking about ordereing one but wouldnt be able to till the end of the year when my coyote swap car is done.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I want to say they ended production in Nov or something like that. The 13s started hitting the dealer lots in late Feb, early March depending on location in the CONUS. Plus they are off for the entire month of December.

D.T.R

Established Member
I want to say they ended production in Nov or something like that. The 13s started hitting the dealer lots in late Feb, early March depending on location in the CONUS. Plus they are off for the entire month of December.

Not sure what you mean by "ended" ? I think they're still making 14s.
I ordered mine the first week of June... and I'm still waiting on it. Matter of fact, the dealership called me yesterday and said that Ford just gave them an ETA of 08/16/13... so yeah they're still making 2014s.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Not sure what you mean by "ended" ? I think they're still making 14s.
I ordered mine the first week of June... and I'm still waiting on it. Matter of fact, the dealership called me yesterday and said that Ford just gave them an ETA of 08/16/13... so yeah they're still making 2014s.
Sorry, I meant end.

I have my car delivered right at 7 weeks from order, and I ordered 2nd week of June.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Decided to update this for anyone wondering. Talked to some people in sales at my dealer and they emailed a couple of our ford reps.

As of right now they are planning on still building 2014's all the way into may 2014. There is a poasiblity that the 14's will be still being built when the ordering for the 2015's are coming out.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Decided to update this for anyone wondering. Talked to some people in sales at my dealer and they emailed a couple of our ford reps.

As of right now they are planning on still building 2014's all the way into may 2014. There is a poasiblity that the 14's will be still being built when the ordering for the 2015's are coming out.

that means Ford is not confident the 2015 is going to be a success.

01bluesnake

Established Member

Good to know, was just talking with my friend today about him ordering one. Trying to get him out of his '96 cobra and into a '14 GT.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member

Or it means that tooling up for the new body style is going to take longer than normal.
If the S555 is on a totally new platform it may take longer.
I'll be up in Michigan next week. My Brother in law works for Ford in the Ford performance group in Dearborn MI.. I'll try and get a scoop.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Or it means that tooling up for the new body style is going to take longer than normal.
If the S555 is on a totally new platform it may take longer.
I'll be up in Michigan next week. My Brother in law works for Ford in the Ford performance group in Dearborn MI.. I'll try and get a scoop.

That too...

What was the reaction from the Fox body community when the SN-95 released? That was prior to my Mustang passion.

Someone remind me.

Notice I didn't say from New Edge to S197, as the S197 sparked my love for Mustangs. I'm too tall for comfortable driving in a SN-95/New Edge.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor

I was told it is due to retooling.

Also was told they dont want a couple month gap in between model years. This can all change through if people just completely stop ordering 2014's.

Ill be ordering my 2014 on november 1st, I decided against getting a first year of new model.

kingnut

Established Member
2015 is gonna have a shit ton of issues. Whoever has the first ones are the street are gonna get alot of attention but they will have alot of random issues to deal with. I love my 14. With the mustangs progression I do think the 15 will be the best yet.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
2015 is gonna have a shit ton of issues. Whoever has the first ones are the street are gonna get alot of attention but they will have alot of random issues to deal with. I love my 14. With the mustangs progression I do think the 15 will be the best yet.
I wonder how long it will take from a tuner to crack into the DI. :D I wonder if it will be adaptable to 11-14 cars too....

I forsee the suspension being the biggest issue maker (of course).

Heuristic

Established Member

Ya, I've always been adamant about not getting the first run of a revamp. I don't think I've ever seen the first run of a redesign go perfectly smooth.

13GT5.0

Established Member
That too...

What was the reaction from the Fox body community when the SN-95 released? That was prior to my Mustang passion.

Someone remind me.

Notice I didn't say from New Edge to S197, as the S197 sparked my love for Mustangs. I'm too tall for comfortable driving in a SN-95/New Edge.

The sn95 saw a drop in hp from the foxes and the look of it was bleh for me when it debuted. SN95 Mustangs were trumped by the 93+ LT1 Camaros in performance anyways till the Termis arrived so it didn't matter for me.

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I wonder how long it will take from a tuner to crack into the DI. :D I wonder if it will be adaptable to 11-14 cars too....

I forsee the suspension being the biggest issue maker (of course).

I dont think its been confirmed that they will have DI. I heard they have achieved what they wanted without DI. Also I do not think the tuners will have a problem cracking it. The speed bump will be running out of injector and waiting for the aftermarket to catch up.

Users who are viewing this thread