Dead Seals, times have changed I guess

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
So weird question or observation.

News is lit about the two missing now confirmed dead SEALs who died conducting operations in the Middle East.

Why is any of this public knowledge?

As a kid in the early 90's I grew up in a Marine family/community. Our neighbor, a Captain, was always on TDY/Travel, my father and him often got into it since he did shit like give his son a .22lr with the firing pin removed to play guns with the rest of us. ANYWAYS

He unfortunately passed away while on a fishing trip in Florida with two of his friends, boat sank off the coast...

Well 20 some years later I find out he actually passed in an operation in SA and he was often doing spooky shit which is why he was always on TDY/Training/travel/fishing.

Seems like in the past we kept a lot of this stuff a lot more hush hush instead of national news.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
So weird question or observation.

News is lit about the two missing now confirmed dead SEALs who died conducting operations in the Middle East.

Why is any of this public knowledge?

As a kid in the early 90's I grew up in a Marine family/community. Our neighbor, a Captain, was always on TDY/Travel, my father and him often got into it since he did shit like give his son a .22lr with the firing pin removed to play guns with the rest of us. ANYWAYS

He unfortunately passed away while on a fishing trip in Florida with two of his friends, boat sank off the coast...

Well 20 some years later I find out he actually passed in an operation in SA and he was often doing spooky shit which is why he was always on TDY/Training/travel/fishing.

Seems like in the past we kept a lot of this stuff a lot more hush hush instead of national news.

Depends....i know when people died in certain groups in certain places if will it was just like you said a handful of years ago...not all special ops teams and groups are tier 1 or "other"...i met some mother ****ers who didnt ****in exist i swear...and thier names were usually steve...no shit one guy retired and i was like wtf? Youre a Colonel?...rhen again i never saw him wear any rank before hand but still lol

I always wondered and i know ill never know where and how they find and make these guys

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread