Dead pedal... lol not a major mod.

fordrevhead

Established Member
The wife is asking for a Christmas list... gotta love it! Anyway is anyone running a dead pedal that mounts to that flat spot on the left? Is there one that matches the M6 GT premium pedals (if there's any dif), does it use an existing mounting hole up under the kick panel, etc. and whos making such a piece? thanks

BlackMamba3

Established Member

BlackMamba3

Established Member
Just read your write up. Good job. Very detailed. My question is, you said SRP provided stainless steel screws with wood style tips for the dead pedal, how'd it install? You said there isnt stamped steel underneath so it's carpet and padding mostly. Does it sit well and in place or what?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Jamie, it "sits" well. It fits perfectly. It's the means of attachment that is sorely lacking. Most every other dedicated S197 dead pedal available utilizes an integral attachment point that slips behind the kick panel and gets sandwiched between existing fasteners. SRP doesn't go that far.

In other words, it is held in place with screws that penetrate the rigid underlayment/carpet. Completely inadequate, IMHO. I'll probably fabricate a plate/bracket and then anchor the SRP dead pedal into that.

Again, it fits very well and is functionally as well as aesthetically proportionate given the location. I have a feeling that Brian at SRP could whip something up and include it in the Mustang kits at a relatively modest price increase.

BlackMamba3

Established Member
Jamie, it "sits" well. It fits perfectly. It's the means of attachment that is sorely lacking. Most every other dedicated S197 dead pedal available utilizes an integral attachment point that slips behind the kick panel and gets sandwiched between existing fasteners. SRP doesn't go that far.

In other words, it is held in place with screws that penetrate the rigid underlayment/carpet. Completely inadequate, IMHO. I'll probably fabricate a plate/bracket and then anchor the SRP dead pedal into that.

Again, it fits very well and is functionally as well as aesthetically proportionate given the location. I have a feeling that Brian at SRP could whip something up and include it in the Mustang kits at a relatively modest price increase.

Thanks man. Sorry for all the questions.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
No need to apologize. Ask me and I'll do my best to answer. That's what this madness is all about, isn't it?

;)

fordrevhead

Established Member
I got a dead pedal from this site:

StangDeadPedals.com - Mustang Dead Pedals

Got it in August 2010 for my '11 GT. The pedal is awesome. It hammers into the existing carpeted hump, so it sits flush and looks factory. It covers the whole area, and it is very firm and secure. I think it is perfect.

As strange as it sounds that seems like the best size, shape and secure mounting i have seen so far! Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread