Dead horse? 07gt500 meth questions

snakevnm

Established Member
Looking to go with a stage 2 universal kit with a #3 and #5 nozzle. I called snow and they say to tap the intake pre throttle body.. Im looking to see if any one has hands on experience with this as ive heard other things like tapping the tb elbow or taping boost supercharger directly on top on the in block intercooler..

Personal experience would be great just looking for feed back thanks!

c6vette

Established Member
I just tapped into the plastic pre-throttle body. You want to make sure that if something goes wrong you can't hydro-lock your engine :) You want to (1) make sure you have a high-quality boost switch and (2) make sure that if something goes wrong you don't damage anything. Putting a nozzle somewhere that could potentially drain into the engine is bad.

c6vette

Established Member
I didn't tune for alcohol. I use it for safety/cooling. It was cheaper than moving from my Afco heat exchanger to a newer unit with fans and it has other advantages. We played with it on the dyno a bit and it was about 10hp per degree of timing. I'd recommend boost over timing. I ran over 30psi on my Turbo Buick with 3 stages of alcohol.

nxhappy

Established Member
they posted an article with a meth kit on a 13 gt500 with great results. They tapped one nozzle into the intake. Some people say it won't work but they have no idea what they are talking about. You CAN tap into the air intake and it WILL work with great results. I think they gained over 60whp with the meth and tune. According to snow, 50/50 is the best mix for all around use. I will be installing the stage 3 kit. It looks like a quality kit, and the mini computer looks bad ass. The tank isn't really big enough, so upgrade the tank for $70.

nxhappy

Established Member
So are you guys using it as an octane booster or to lower IAT2?

both. The key is keeping the timing conservative. You can tell the computer to pull timing once the car reaches a certain IAT threshold. Lots of timing and high IATs is asking for disaster. You want the safety net, just in case the meth stops spraying.

Users who are viewing this thread