Dead even from 10 to 70 mph w/ Procharged & cammed LS1 today!

YGETV8

Established Member
I thought about posting this in the kill section, but it wasn't a "kill." Hope it's okay here:

Gorgeous weather today so I'm cruisin' home, the long way, from an errand and see the familiar "nostrils" of a red LS1 Ram Air TA in my rear view mirror. I deliberately go past the turn to get to my house to see what he does next. Yep... he swings into the right lane to purposefully get beside me at a red light. He pulls up and I hear a cam and see a roll cage and fat rear tires and suddenly think I may be getting in over my head!

He nods nicely and asks, "Does that have the supercharger?" After I say yes, he grins, "So does this!" GULP!

Light goes green and we both take off normally, realizing traction could be a problem. Apparently reading each other's minds we romp on it at the same time and to my surprise I was DEAD even with him till we had to back off at about 70 or so (short race!)! Traction wasn't too much a problem as we both seemed to grab after just a minimum of tire spin.

I had to let off a split second before him, so when I caught back up, I told him I had done a few things to it and he says, while reaching in between his seats, "Let me turn on my nitrous!" I then see a plume go up from his cowl as he purges the system.

I grinned and waved off with my hands saying "No thanks!"

He nailed it again for a few seconds while I just watched, then took a quick turn onto a side road. I followed and we pulled over. It turns out I had given him and some buddies a test ride in my mid-12 second GN last summer when it was for sale.

Super nice guy and we both opened our hoods for some mutual admiration. He says he's only running 6 psi boost, but the motor has had some work done. 12 bolt Moser rear with 335s (I think) on 10.5x18 TA wheels. Forgot to ask what gear he had. Had never had it to the track, but said the guy he bought it from claimed 588 on the dyno... not so sure about that if I was that even with him. Maybe that was with NOS... should have asked.

Would like to try to run him again for a full 1/4 without his nitrous, but I don't think I'll get that chance. He says he's getting a smaller pulley for his ATI and has jetting for a 100 shot if he doesn't hit the tens on his slicks/skinnies!

So, does this sound "typical" for a 2.8 pulley, Predator "canned" tune, ProChamber/Magnaflow, and K&N FIPK Cobra? Think he would beat me at the top end in a full 1/4?

Just thought I'd share the fun!

Users who are viewing this thread