Dead CCRM?

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
ok, while its still fresh in my tiny little mind:

the dark blue wire and the light green with violet tracer wire are the low speed fan control and high speed fan control from the pcm respectively.

if you have voltage from the pcm on either of those and your fan doesnt come on, test those wires at the connection for the ccrm. if you're getting a signal at either of those two wires, check to see if you're getting power to the ccrm by testing the two yellow with black tracer wires at pins 3 and 4 on the ccrm connector. they go top to bottom, left to right, with the extra little winglets to index the connector on the bottom. if you dont have power at the yellow with black tracer wires on the ccrm connector, check the 50 amp fuse at f1.1 which is the fuse box by the drivers side strut tower.

a related issue is people throwing the code for fuel pump driver offline. the ccrm controls the fpdm.

another related issue is the a/c field coil. a/c compressor clutch not engaging? possible ccrm issue.

i almost wonder if there isnt interest in a relay bank instead of a single point of failure like a ccrm.

in the end, it was my fan that died. if i jumper the fuse with a piece of wire and the fan is plugged in, i get 14v at the fan and the wire gets really really hot. the engine also slows down as the alternator tries to compensate for the draw.

this was a fun learning experience, aside from the sweatiness. its friggin hot out there. ive been putting my tools in the freezer when im not using them.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
i`m alittle confused on this subject & my car is at my friends & wont start its been there for almost 2days thanks :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread