Dead battery ?

SCMOKN

Established Member
Ok, so I go to leave for work and my key fob won't open the door. Car battery is dead. I get inside and there is a clicking sound coming from the passenger side kick panel. ECU is what is making the clicking i'm guessing? Any ideas at to why? Not sure why the battery died either nothing was left on and the car is not a year old yet.

jdcobra

Established Member
Fuse box is located on the passenger side kick panel, maybe bad fuses?

JerryC

Established Member
Charge the battery and get it tested. Batteries can just fail.

The sound is probably coming from the starter but sounds can travel and fool your ear.

If the battery tests good then you can start tracking down where the current draw is coming from. If not the obvious and it's under warranty have Ford look for it.

jdcobra

Established Member
charge the battery and get it tested. Batteries can just fail.

The sound is probably coming from the starter but sounds can travel and fool your ear.

If the battery tests good then you can start tracking down where the current draw is coming from. If not the obvious and it's under warranty have ford look for it.

+1

mikestoyz

Established Member
I'm sure it was a relay clicking. Electronics do weird stuff in low voltage situations. Factory batteries suck.
My hid aftermarket kit relay stuck one time and drained my battery.

SCMOKN

Established Member
I'm sure it was a relay clicking. Electronics do weird stuff in low voltage situations. Factory batteries suck.
My hid aftermarket kit relay stuck one time and drained my battery.

I think thats what it was.

Apparently when I open my trunk yesterday I tapped the hazzards as well. They were on for about 14 hours but as soon as I hooked up the jumper cable it fired right up.

The clicking was just new to me. But then again I don't believe that I have ever had a dead battery.

Users who are viewing this thread