Dead battery now CEL and traction control is on

Crushinator

Established Member
I’ve had my car in winter storage for about a month and went out yesterday to start it up. The battery was stone dead. So I read the manual and think I did everything correctly. Now the CEL is on and the traction control stays off all the time. When I first started it yesterday after charging it, I had all kinds of problems. The active exhaust didn’t work, traction control, CEL. I was hoping it get in the car tonight and it would’ve learned the battery by now. The exhaust works now but still a number of electrical issues. The thing is, and crucify me if you must, but I don’t remember locking the doors when I let it sit overnight. Could that be it? Anyone else dealt with this before?

Crushinator

Established Member
So for three days when I get home from work, I’ve started the car, let it run and the CEL is still on. All the other electrical issues have cleared out. I wonder if I do a complete redo and disconnect the battery, if that would clear out the CEL.

Crushinator

Established Member
I figured it out. The low battery was causing the CEL. I wired a battery tender to the battery so I can close the hood. Gave it a good charge overnight and the CEL went off.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

74SD455TA

Established Member
I have a 2013 that was put into service in 2012. It still has the original battery with no issues. Battery tender, its too easy. I routinely get 12 years out of my batteries.

Users who are viewing this thread