DEA forces FOX to change House programming

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
Well so much for freedom.

DEA vs. 'House'

"We have not been given, nor will we be given, an adequate explanation for why House's chronic pain is suddenly manageable without painkillers. Keep in mind House had a legitimate, verifiable medical condition (infarction leading to muscle death) in his leg, so it's not like fibromyalgia or bad headaches some other painful condition that is hard if not impossible to medically verify.

The DEA has been writing letters to Fox complaining about House's "flagrant use and abuse of narcotics without consequence" for years now, and finally the network, writers, and producers all caved in to the government's demands... in the worst possible way. They decided to make the vicodin House had been taking for over a decade into a sudden hallucinogen, causing him to see dead people. They showed him going through the painful detox, and now he's just fine and dandy, no reference to his pain at all. And there won't be any further reference to his pain, other than "it's all manageable."

Idiots will consider this to be "character growth" but you can do your own Freedom of Information Act request and get the letters the DEA sent to Fox demanding that "House" no longer show a character using drugs and performing well (exceptionally well, in fact) at his job, without horrible consequences. You know, "for the children."

House's chronic pain and need for vicodin (in reality he should be on something much stronger and without the toxic acetaminophen that vicodin contains) were a central part of the show and the character of Dr. Gregory House. If they are going to destroy the character like this - at the request of the government, no less - then I won't be watching the show for much longer.

They gave the DEA final script approval over all episodes of House. Talk about big brother. Then again, "big brother" is the very essence of drug prohibition."

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
How does this relate to the "Drug Enforcement Agency", what gives them the authority to even send this letter?

This is bullshit.

MattP 343

Established Member
I have to say I really couldn't care less seeing how I've never watched the show.

However, whats to stop the DEA from prohibiting similar situations from occurring on other mainstream TV shows?

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
But its for the Children! We don't want them to see drugs as a "good" thing.

/sarcasm

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
Im surprised about the reception this got, i know the source isnt the greatest but it is real, i imagine we will see more about it soon.

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
It's BS that's how it went down. Funny I haven't heard anything about it before.
Honestly, the whole idea was getting worn out he had to eventually get off it or die.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Oh okay, because the show sucks makes it okay for government to get involved? :bash:

I've yet to see any credible source. But given how most of you in the politics like to bitch it doesn't surprise me.

Not sure if this is a DEA conspiracy, pressure from lawyers in the Standards and Practices dept., bad writing, or what, but the impression is that Vicodin was thrown under the bus for political reasons and House will now tell patients with chronic pain to suck it up and deal

----------------
Now playing: Santana - Blues Latino
via FoxyTunes

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread