DD 17x10.5 Chrome Cobra Rim pic

terminator04

Director Choice 1st place
Established Member
427Windsorman said:
I would like to see these offered in 17x9.5 / 17x10.5 and 18x9.5 / 18x10.5 with the correct offset and BS to fit the IRS without spacers. Heck, since we are (hopefully) inspiring a wheel manufacturer to build these, how about the rears be 11" wide :)

One important requirement, do NOT make them over 30lbs in weight. Try to keep them in the 24lbs to 28lbs weight range please :)

If you build them, we will buy.....
+1

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
I have been wanting someone to make a set of these since day one. And I'm REALLY suprised no one has yet. I'll buy in a heart beat.
427Windsorman said:
I would like to see these offered in 17x9.5 / 17x10.5 and 18x9.5 / 18x10.5 with the correct offset and BS to fit the IRS without spacers. Heck, since we are (hopefully) inspiring a wheel manufacturer to build these, how about the rears be 11" wide :)

One important requirement, do NOT make them over 30lbs in weight. Try to keep them in the 24lbs to 28lbs weight range please :)

If you build them, we will buy.....

x10000

SVT04

Established Member
We gotta have these ! Like I said they need to be available with the lip on the front wheel and a deeper lip on the rear just like all the other DD wheels we can get now....
Mods can we make a Sticky out of this thread ??....so we can keep it where it is easy to find.:burnout:

dezracer

SVT04 said:
We gotta have these ! Like I said they need to be available with the lip on the front wheel and a deeper lip on the rear just like all the other DD wheels we can get now....
Mods can we make a Sticky out of this thread ??....so we can keep it where it is easy to find.:burnout:

No No No....Keep them as close to stock as possible. Thats why everyone diggin the photo.

ludac2k1

CoBrA C-Mo
Established Member
i emailed american muscle again sent pictures and a link to thist hread for them to read.. hopefully somthin pops up.. ive been look for these too .. and the only thing ive seen close to these were on a svt lightning. so hopefully this happens.. dammit i want theseee NOWWWWWWWWWWWW

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
I replied to americanmuscle on another forum about these rims but I haven't heard back from them yet. Jared at Lethal said he was gonna talk to someone about this but I haven't heard from him either. This just might actually happen, cuz there seems to be even more interest in this than I thought there might be... keep it coming guys:banana:

ludac2k1

CoBrA C-Mo
Established Member
goldeneagle_10 said:
I replied to americanmuscle on another forum about these rims but I haven't heard back from them yet. Jared at Lethal said he was gonna talk to someone about this but I haven't heard from him either. This just might actually happen, cuz there seems to be even more interest in this than I thought there might be... keep it coming guys:banana:
keep me updated golden ive really wanted these for a while

WDW MKR

Established Member
yuk... just my opinion, and I appear to be in the minority. I have yet to understand the recent popularity of "deep dish". If a wheel design requires that it has a stepped lip to maintain strength, offset and backspace, then I get it.

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
yuk... just my opinion, and I appear to be in the minority. I have yet to understand the recent popularity of "deep dish". If a wheel design requires that it has a stepped lip to maintain strength, offset and backspace, then I get it.

I thought the popurlarity of "deep dish" has been around for a long time. To me it just helps offset the car and really gives the rear some depth and very nice touch. To each his own I guess.:shrug:

WDW MKR

Established Member
goldeneagle_10 said:
I thought the popurlarity of "deep dish" has been around for a long time. To me it just helps offset the car and really gives the rear some depth and very nice touch. To each his own I guess.:shrug:

Offset wheels have certainly been around. The moniker of "deep dish" and the flat, non-stepped wheel lips that accompany it seem to have stemmed from the 90s rice movement. It's just a personal taste thing. I like stepped wheels on a lot of cars. For example, my GN would have looked goofy with high offset wheels that pushed the face out to the edge.

Last edited:

SVT04

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Offset wheels have certainly been around. The moniker of "deep dish" and the flat, non-stepped wheel lips that accompany it seem to have stemmed from the 90s rice movement. It's just a personal taste thing. I like stepped wheels on a lot of cars. For example, my GN would have looked goofy with high offset wheels that pushed the face out to the edge.

Actually the offset wheel is and has been a standard "Muscle car" thing for some time ....It is hard to beat the good looks and appearance of the deep offset wheels. Especially when you have a smaller lip or offset on the front.

The current trend of having wheels with a flat lipless face came from the OEM manufacturers when they started designing front drive cars.....it just doesn't look as good as the "staggered" look.....I agree about the GN ,as well try bolting a set of 03-04 Cobra wheels onto a 60's Mustang....say a Boss 429 or 302 and see how it looks.....:burnout:

WDW MKR

Established Member
SVT04 said:
Actually the offset wheel is and has been a standard "Muscle car" thing for some time ....It is hard to beat the good looks and appearance of the deep offset wheels. Especially when you have a smaller lip or offset on the front.

The current trend of having wheels with a flat lipless face came from the OEM manufacturers when they started designing front drive cars.....it just doesn't look as good as the "staggered" look.....I agree about the GN ,as well try bolting a set of 03-04 Cobra wheels onto a 60's Mustang....say a Boss 429 or 302 and see how it looks.....:burnout:

I was referring to the lip being flat... not the face of the wheel. That's the design that I was saying has become popular in the last 5-10yrs. All of the negatively offset wheels I grew up appreciating on muscle cars had/have a stepped lip. A good example of this would be the CCW classics a lot of guys are running on the Cobras.

Different things look good on different cars and for different people. I personally like the positively offset style offered by the stock wheels on our cars. Now, when it comes to a big'n'little setup for the track, the stepped dish looks perfect. I'm a picky SOB. :beer:

Sorry for the jack. It's obvious that a lot of people would prefer a "deep dish" stock-appearing wheel.

Last edited:

dezracer

WDW MKR said:
I was referring to the lip being flat... not the face of the wheel. That's the design that I was saying has become popular in the last 5-10yrs. All of the negatively offset wheels I grew up appreciating on muscle cars had/have a stepped lip. A good example of this would be the CCW classics a lot of guys are running on the Cobras.

Different things look good on different cars and for different people. I personally like the positively offset style offered by the stock wheels on our cars. Now, when it comes to a big'n'little setup for the track, the stepped dish looks perfect. I'm a picky SOB. :beer:

Sorry for the jack. It's obvious that a lot of people would prefer a "deep dish" stock-appearing wheel.

Im with you.Good taste is always in the minority.Just look around. I dont understand why people of all cars spend tons of money to change sheet just because its "custom aftermarket". Its Hard to beat the stock wheel although I would not mind seeing a set of these on a Cobra. Best "aftermarket I have seen so far......Personally I may just get some 10.5s that are exactley like stock.

Users who are viewing this thread