DC law

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
"Unreasonable Speed" & $30 fine in DC, what paragraph does this fall under? DC law is so vague I can't find it anywhere. I was in the left lane doing 45 in a 45 zone while slowly passing a "DC officer" that was in the right lane. My passenger and I both looked at the speedo when we saw the "officer" and I was going exactly 45 as indicated by my speedo. She blipped her lights and I looked down at my speedo again, dead center on 45. I then stopped at a light and she changed lanes behind me. When the light turned green I continnued on my way and she pulled me over, she said she was doing 45 and since I was passing her I was speeding. I said that I was driving exactly 45 as indicated by my speedometer and that one of our speedometers must be off by 1 mph. I do respect the law but this is BS. Thanks in advance for info I can use during Adjudication or on the DC law that covers this subject.

Haah's Hubby

Established Member
Originally posted by WraithCobra
"Unreasonable Speed" & $30 fine in DC, what paragraph does this fall under? DC law is so vague I can't find it anywhere. I was in the left lane doing 45 in a 45 zone while slowly passing a "DC officer" that was in the right lane. My passenger and I both looked at the speedo when we saw the "officer" and I was going exactly 45 as indicated by my speedo. She blipped her lights and I looked down at my speedo again, dead center on 45. I then stopped at a light and she changed lanes behind me. When the light turned green I continnued on my way and she pulled me over, she said she was doing 45 and since I was passing her I was speeding. I said that I was driving exactly 45 as indicated by my speedometer and that one of our speedometers must be off by 1 mph. I do respect the law but this is BS. Thanks in advance for info I can use during Adjudication or on the DC law that covers this subject.
:shrug: Sounds like she had a hard on for you :dw: . I believe officer should have some verification that her cruiser was recently calibrated and her speedo is correct. You could also have yours calibrated and take that verification to court.:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
I thought of that and if the price is ok I will have mine checked. I'm also looking for info on where to make requests for officer and cruser info in DC for the calibration issue.

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Originally posted by WraithCobra
I thought of that and if the price is ok I will have mine checked. I'm also looking for info on where to make requests for officer and cruser info in DC for the calibration issue.

I think that if you take this to court you could definately beat it, she can't just say"oh I was doing 45 and since you past me you were speeding" Thats nonsense.

donpablo

Established Member
That's part of the new DC commuter tax...enforced 1 car at a time.

God I hate DC....except for the Air and Space museum, strip clubs and massage parlours!

DP

cenwesi

Established Member
I hate DC 100% and can't believe that dump hole is the state capitol of the freest nation in the world

2k3cobra

Established Member
DC sucks! It's such a shame being our Capital. I got pulled over bown by the mall because I passed on the right. The middle lane was stopped. This because, someone wanted to make a left from the middle lane. I didn't get a ticket but I was about to go ape shit if that newbie tried to play it out.

DC hires the rejects from all the surrounding agencies. Well, what do you expect from a city that re-elects a crack smoking, hooker paying...

Users who are viewing this thread