Daytona November 1st & 2nd

bit

Happiness is being blown!
Established Member
Who's going?

I'll be there running HPDE 2. My last two track days have been a blast.

CMP
[video=youtube;MA6JeS9gYmo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA6JeS9gYmo[/video]

VIR
[video=youtube;326Ao94MySs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=326Ao94MySs[/video]

WPBcobra

Established Member
Ill be there testing on friday and racing on the weekend. I know Eric ( RJW1 ) will be there and a few of us others from tampa area

bit

Established Member
Ill be there testing on friday and racing on the weekend. I know Eric ( RJW1 ) will be there and a few of us others from tampa area
Is that your car sitting in the infield with left front fender and door damage? Did that happen Friday?

WPBcobra

Established Member
That was my car but the fender and door damage was from sebring a month ago. But i did blow my trans on friday afternoon. Car was running great friday morning than in a afternoon session the trans just let go while coming out of turn 6.

bit

Established Member
That was my car but the fender and door damage was from sebring a month ago. But i did blow my trans on friday afternoon. Car was running great friday morning than in a afternoon session the trans just let go while coming out of turn 6.
Sorry to hear that. I saw it sitting on the trailer all weekend. Sucks that happened the first day.

I had problems of my own, but thankfully it only effected the last two sessions. I have to track down a miss in the car. Nothing terrible. For the rest of the weekend I think tomsgarage and I had a great time in DE2. The Terminators and the GT500s really shine on the banking.

NGO

Established Member
Saw Tomsgarage unload on Friday... with all the goings on with my stuff, never got a chance to meet a fellow Terminator owner. Met another in HPDE3, husband and wife team; wife drives the Terminator and the husband drives a fully caged GT. Videos coming up. Good times...

Carmine, saw you testing Friday, then saw you loaded up so knew that wasn't good. Sorry to hear about that. NASA-SE runs HPDE3&4 together, Dean Martin was out testing his AI car in our group. I pointed him by coming into the horse shoe and he blasted by 3 other cars before cranking in an early apex and he was gone. It was fun running with those guys but a ton of cars on the track.

Last edited:

bit

Established Member
tomsgarage,
Since we were talking about lap times on Sunday I was looking at data tonight. It looks like my fast time was a 2:13:7 with a top speed of 151 mph. Unfortunately the car was breaking up on that lap and the camera cutout. I guess that means I have ground problem. Anyway, the video below shows a 2:14:3. The car is doing all the work I am just hanging on and trying not to hold it back to much.

[video=youtube;aS9EyesboMw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS9EyesboMw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:

tomsgarage

Established Member
[video=youtube_share;0tsdq8mHIcU]http://youtu.be/0tsdq8mHIcU[/video]

According to Harrys Lap Timer I ran a 2:18:19 with a top speed of 152 mph. Awesome event!

sdunlap10

Hi guys, I was in DE3 - Kona Blue 2011 GT, #818.

NGO, I know I saw you on the track, but didn't get much time to walk around and see people off the track.

Here's my two best laps. I'm pretty pleased with my times on mediocre street tires. I hit the top of 5th a little before start/finish and have to lift a little so I don't run into the rev limiter.

[video=youtube_share;e1Ae38MVJA4]http://youtu.be/e1Ae38MVJA4[/video]

Awesome weekend!

Scott

sdunlap10

Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar - to be honest they're probably better than I give them credit for. Definitely way better than the Nitto NT555 I had previously, bit still not at the level of Rivals or RS3s. I never pony up the money for good tires because I figure I'm not fast enough to need them.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Dean Martin was out testing his AI car in our group. I pointed him by coming into the horse shoe and he blasted by 3 other cars before cranking in an early apex and he was gone. It was fun running with those guys but a ton of cars on the track.

Dean told me he was running in the mid to high 1:50's IIRC.

NGO

Established Member
Dean told me he was running in the mid to high 1:50's IIRC.

Short clip where I came in the tri-oval into heavy traffic looked up in my mirror and saw Dean coming...

th_AI_zpswha05ay9.jpg

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Short clip where I came in the tri-oval into heavy traffic looked up in my mirror and saw Dean coming...

th_AI_zpswha05ay9.jpg

Nice! He flew back down there on Tuesday I believe and is running that car in Trans-Am this weekend. Any FL people would be more than welcome to stop by and say hi to the team and watch the races. I'm pretty sure they already had a couple practices today, don't know what day the race(s) are though. I haven't kept up with Trans-Am all that closely since I'm not needed those weekends.

Users who are viewing this thread