Day to day examples in flaws of logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
Can anyone explain why we let people in office who display such gross violations of logical thought? These are just a few blatent examples that I can think of. However many thousands of other **** ups are there? Who knows...

1) Speed Limits
Can someone explain to me how going faster than a completely arbitrarily selected speed automatically endangers individual rights? It doesn't, so explain to me why the police should be given the power to write slips of endorsed theft, I mean tickets, in cases where there is no threat to anyone but myself.

2) Gun control
Beating a dead horse - yes and no, so I'll just keep it short. Does possesing an M249 automaticaly mean you are going to kill people if you don't have the license? Should being able to defend yourself be a privilege that is revocable at the whim of someone who is nothing more than an ordinary person that is popular with the majority of a (sometimes illogical) voting population?

3) Can someone tell me how the government knows how to manage my money better than I do? Seriously, if I need help planning for retirement, I'll hire a financial advisor. Financial advice and decisions made regarding financial matters without consent does not have anything to do with ensuring individual rights.

Those are 3 that pop in my head. Feel free to add more as you see fit.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I agree w/ the gun control b*tch. They need to focus on controlling the individual buttholes trying to buy guns, rather than punish the enthusiasts and utilitarians.

I also think that there should be a special class that teaches you extreme driving maneuvers and high speed control. Taking this class and owning a "qualified" vehicle should let you break normal speed limits up to 20-30 mph. Perhaps a barcode for quick police ID so they don't pull you over? Dunno. Just fantasizing.

Venom27

Established Member
I always hear why should anyone be able to own a m-16 or AK-47 they should be Illegal u can't hunt with them thats there only remarks about it first u can hunt with it if u really want to and some people just like to collect them or think they look cool. next thing they are going to say is why should people be able to own sports cars all they get the for is to speed and race which is Illegal i am just waiting for more bullshit to come around. and sinsister about ur sig if we could swear and this board u would know what i think about the people that complained.

Venom27

Established Member
oh yea and i forgot why are they making the legal gun owners suffer because of the crimes that criminals commit with guns they don't own those guns legally if they want a gun the are going to get one legally or not. so why punish use for criminals actions.

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
I also think that there should be a special class that teaches you extreme driving maneuvers and high speed control. Taking this class and owning a "qualified" vehicle should let you break normal speed limits up to 20-30 mph. Perhaps a barcode for quick police ID so they don't pull you over? Dunno. Just fantasizing.
Best damn idea I ever heard of.:thumbsup:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I'd say I agree with the speeding thing but I can't see how that would work. Eventually, everyone will start doing 20-30+mph and the last thing we need is EVERY irrational teenage girl doing that. They can't pay attention at 55mph much less 85mph.

I know nothing about guns so I won't comment on that. But yeah, people control is a better idea then gun control.

The government should have nothing to do with your money. I mean shit, they already take over 25% of what we make. What else do they want?

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
My biggest bitch of the three is social security. GRRRRRRRRRR. I hate that ****ing program w/ a passion. I am 23 and paying out how much of my money to that damn mess because they think they can save my money better than I can.

Guns would be second because I hate all the damn tree huggers who see on the news that a handgun was used in a crime so automatically, ALL guns are bad. It'll be a cold day in hell when they take my guns from me.

Speed limits. Hell, my grandpa said speed limits used to be 70 on state highways back in the day. Speed limits are a revenue generation machine for the gov't and anyone who says differently has their head stuck in sand. 40 years later and the speed limits are 10 mph lower:shrug:

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
you can hunt with an AR-15
just inefficiant, even with the right tips

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
anarchy.jpg

Goooooood
government.jpg

Baaaaaad

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Originally posted by sharkbite1979
I agree w/ the gun control b*tch. They need to focus on controlling the individual buttholes trying to buy guns, rather than punish the enthusiasts and utilitarians.

The difference between an enthusiast and a butthole is only one bullet.
:p
Personally I think there should be a certain level of gun control. I agree with you though sharkbite.

mystic04

Established Member
A loaded gun sitting on a table won't shoot anybody till somebody picks it up and pulls the trigger. Proves the point that gun's don't kill people do. so no gun then nobody will get killed YEAH RIGHT SURE and i got a deal for a bridge in NY for you too.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I have been looking for investment properties...anymore info on it?
Originally posted by mystic04
got a deal for a bridge in NY for you too.

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
I have been looking for investment properties...anymore info on it?
:lol: iit was once owned by the kennedys

ssssnake

Established Member
Originally posted by fishin-nole
Best damn idea I ever heard of.:thumbsup:

Me too.

Originally posted by poopnut2
The government should have nothing to do with your money. I mean shit, they already take over 25% of what we make. What else do they want?

They take more than that if you make more money. Try about 34% Oh wait! The rich don't pay taxes, do they? But I agree with you. I'm all for Bush's idea. I can do better on my return than the government.

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
Actually I wrote a letter to the editor this morning before crashing. I hope it gets published. I just felt like stiring the pot a bit..

This weekend will be the 2 month mark of the expiration of the Assault Weapons Ban signed by President Clinton in 1994. This ban was passed with strength from the idea in mind that the burden of proof should lie on those exercising their rights. This is evident in the common, although illegitimate question 'Who needs an 'Assault Rifle' anyways”? Going with that logic, I could question the need for race cars or power boats, which obviously most people aren't opposed to. People also argue that the framers of the constitution didn't think of the development of these rifles when they wrote the 2nd Amendment, and therefore the ban doesn't violate rights. Did they think about the development of E-mail and the internet when they wrote the 1st? I don't see anyone complaining about the protection those two mediums given that fact. The fact is with the expiration of the AWB, violent crime has not jumped to immense proportions as stated they would by proponents of the ban. A good read for everyone on this subject is located at http://www.mikecaswell.com/AWBGuide.pdf It describes the fallacies regarding the AWB better than I can given my space restrictions.

Last edited:

rezcobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister Angel
Can anyone explain why we let people in office who display such gross violations of logical thought? These are just a few blatent examples that I can think of. However many thousands of other **** ups are there? Who knows...

1) Speed Limits
Can someone explain to me how going faster than a completely arbitrarily selected speed automatically endangers individual rights? It doesn't, so explain to me why the police should be given the power to write slips of endorsed theft, I mean tickets, in cases where there is no threat to anyone but myself.

Getting from point A to point B is a right, not a privelege, and as long as you stay on a private road you can go as fast as you want. But when you get on a public rode there has to be a limit simply because not everyone can drive but do so anyway. America has the most traffic of any continent and if we have unlimited speeds we would have chaos. Montana is proof it won't work.

2) Gun control
Beating a dead horse - yes and no, so I'll just keep it short. Does possesing an M249 automaticaly mean you are going to kill people if you don't have the license? Should being able to defend yourself be a privilege that is revocable at the whim of someone who is nothing more than an ordinary person that is popular with the majority of a (sometimes illogical) voting population?

They can pry my cold dead hands off my gun!!

3) Can someone tell me how the government knows how to manage my money better than I do? Seriously, if I need help planning for retirement, I'll hire a financial advisor. Financial advice and decisions made regarding financial matters without consent does not have anything to do with ensuring individual rights.

All it is is another income tax. Look up the law itself, not the title. That being the case is it legal for the feds to put 2 income taxes on the same source? Hell no, in fact it doesn't have the power to lay a mandatory income tax on private people at all, its done illegally.

Those are 3 that pop in my head. Feel free to add more as you see fit.

4) There's too much unlawful federal laws being enforced against private people. The US is a limited government is practicing more defacto jurisdiction that touches everyone's lives. They have no business making laws attempting to control guns, marrriages, speech, direct taxes without representation, churches, in instances where it has absolutely nothing to do with interstate commerce and outside of Washington DC and federal enclaves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread