Dave Grohl and Sound City

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Well been wanting to watch for a bit now. Went and got it
sound-city-poster01.jpg

W O W

Probably the best 2 hours spent watching something this year. If you into music in the slightest, over 20 years old or like music made in the 70s, 80s, 90s this is the doco for you.

Growing up we always had musicians around. Dad was a drummer and Mom sung backup. Every family friend was one. Talented with no success or no talent and successful they played at out house. At one point we sound proofed the basement and recorded music there. Great time to grow up and appreciate music. My Dad was into computers and a programmer since the 90s. As much as he played with digitally altering music he still preferred proper analog. Many beers were tossed back discussing this and why music sounds different album to album. He would have loved this movie and so do I.

Sound City (2013) - IMDb

You NEED to see this movie if you love music. My girl and I were going "Whhhhhhat" ever 20 min as you find out another astonishing piece of information about this studio. We realized that most of the albums that were recorded there were our favorites. It also explains perfectly how music just doesnt sound they way it used too.

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I just got it off the pirate bay. Im sure u can find it somewhere for free legally. To be fair I just came back from the store where I bought it for $30. I download lots of movies n music and always buy it if its good.

Users who are viewing this thread