Dave Chappelle

bchisom99

Established Member
Going to see Dave Chappelle tonight at the Newport in Ky, I'll report back tonight, going to the early show unfortunatly b/c my wifes a teacher. . .

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
He was on an old re-run of old improvement. I forgot that him and Jim Brewer (Goat Boy used to guest "star" on that show all the time. Funny thing is their names on the show are "Jim" and "Dave".

bchisom99

Established Member
03Cobra_hopeful said:
Awesome! :beer:
I saw him live last Sept. at the SIU Campus here.
Totally freakin hilarious!
I would go again in a heartbeat!

haha, he came to Miami U in Oxford last fall as well, I think I had to work, so pretty much everyone I know went to see him, this is a pretty small club so it should be cool....saw Tracy Morgan there a few months ago...it was funny, but his mental state was funnier than his act, i.e. he was high as balls and could barely stand up...

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
bchisom99 said:
Going to see Dave Chappelle tonight at the Newport in Ky, I'll report back tonight, going to the early show unfortunatly b/c my wifes a teacher. . .

????? Where is Dave Chappelle going to be at in Newport ? I'm guessing the Levee. Never heard anything about it?

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
bchisom99 said:
Playa haters ball rocks. :rockon:

bchisom99

Established Member
Ripper said:
????? Where is Dave Chappelle going to be at in Newport ? I'm guessing the Levee. Never heard anything about it?

He was at the Funny Bone at the Levee, you probably didn't hear about it b/c Dave's "people" would not release tickets until Sunday, they are putting a 3 day rule in place...I got lucky,my wifes friend, has a new boyfriend who is friends with one of the bartenders and bought like 30 tickets...put that one together....i.e. lucky

Dave's been back from Africa for a few months I guess, he's popped up here and there, and is from a little town about an hour from here, so I hear about people seeing him all the time.....ANYWAYS....ABOUT THE SHOW

It was a TREAT....I thought it was hilarious, not nearly as racist or as fast paced as Chappelle Show, but still hilarious, he talked about pretty much every current event going on right now and his thoughts. . .

I personally think that he presented Comedy Central with the 50 million dollar offer as a joke, and didn't realize how big "Dave Chappelle" REALLY was until they said yes and he probably freaked out a little bit and then wanted some control over the show. . .but....

He did say that season 3 WILL AIR....but he won't say when, and he was high as a kite, and smokes Natual American Cigarrettes. . .

thats all I can think of now b/c I was drinking the whole time and need to watch TV for a while.....

Users who are viewing this thread