Date Coded Spark Plug Wires On Early Build Cars?

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member
Anyone know if the early build cars came with 1992 date coded spark plug wires? I'm looking at a set and was told they came off a 93 lx with a build date of 8/92. I know Cobra's were also being produced at this time so I'm wondering if they are correct for some of our cars.

WillyB93

Established Member
I know on my teal car they are dated 1993, my car was built in April on 1993.

bossman302

Banned
93 Production started in Sept of 92, 93 Cobra production started in October of 92. I have not seen any 93's with 92 Dated wires. Maybe a Preproduction car may have them, #1-#18.

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member
thanks bossman! Got me thinking to go look at the registry, it looks like at least up to #19 were built in 92. Not very many which is surprising because nowdays the new models are already on the lots in like september, lol.

I ended up passing on the wires. I already have my 93 dated wires but thought they might be a nice find since most people throw them away.

Has anyone ever tried to clean up their wires? The guy selling the 92's said gojo works great but I don't know. Mine could use a cleaning but i'm leary about taking cleaning products to them as I wouldn't want it taking off the lettering and/or soaking into the wires.

buddha93

Established Member
Any type of grease cutting agent works pretty well. I like the non-corrosive stuff like Simple Green and Castrol Super Clean, the latter of which I use on a lot of stuff.Works great.

Users who are viewing this thread