Datalog question...

Laztug

Established Member
I have a 2012 5.0 mustang with a little over 7k miles on the clock.
I purchased the SCT x3 off americanmuscle and i think something is wrong.

When the SCT tuner first arrived i set on the adventure of installing the software to my laptop. I then updated the tuner *4 hour update.*:bored: and began the data logging process. But something is just not right.
Maybe I am doing something wrong? The car has never been tuned before, and the only aftermarket parts in the car are a moroso oil separator, xpipe and magnapacks. I have never tuned a car before so it will be of no surprise if I am doing something wrong.
The car shows no signs of hesitation / or a drop in power what so ever under WOT or idle. I am not sure if it means anything but I managed 111mph at my local track so i believe the car is running to factory specs.

here is my data logging process...

I first open livelink gen II
selct "I want to datalog my vehicle"
plug in usb to laptop
plug in tuner to obdII port
start vehicle
check communication (everything checks out)
go to vehicle info and select pids
then i press the green button to start datalogging and the red one to stop.

I was told that my timing too low at WOT.
any ideas on what could be causing this? or has anyone experienced similar issues?
Suggestions on how to fix this?

The wait is killing me and i cant wait to get this tune up and loaded into my car. I am glad my tuner is working with me to get this whole mess sorted out and not just sending me a tune to get me off his back. :-D

I am not sure if i am looking at the right pid but I believe here is where the problem is.
WOT3rd2.png

Last edited:

SirJAG

Established Member
just did a quick compare with my cars data...your spark advance is much lower than mine...hell mine is almost double yours from 3000rpm to redline. What is your knock sensor doing? mine is flatlined throughout...is yours? who's your tuner? i used american mucle...my car is stock with tune only. what part of texas you in?

Last edited:

Laztug

Established Member
The car will be tuned by Shaun at AED.
knock sensor is also at a flatline *0.60 all the way across*. I think i am just going to take the car to the dealership to see what they can find. The car is still under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread