data logging.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I'm trying to find my problem as to why i'm fouling out the passenger side plugs. ALLL OF THEM. I have changed intake gaskets upper and lower...checked for vaccum leaks and i'm about to replace the front 02 sensor. I'm sure your familiar with the HP kit and having to extend the wires for the front 02 sensors. The first time i used butt connectors. This time i soldered everything and heat shrunk it. I'm about to replace that and chase some other problems. Welll i stilll have my predator which i use for data logging. I broke it out plugged it in and watched some readings. Before the 02 change one sensor is reading voltage. It's reading just *******. just asterisks. My MAF voltage is 0.0000 but it's reading it's counts. What fuell trims are you guys seeing at idle? Should my maf voltage be 0???

TRBO VNM

short trims at idle should be close to 1 on both banks and I think you want them within 2%?????

I only have MAF counts and not voltage. my counts range from 169-173. this was back in december. I can't find a more recent idle log.

I was going to say 02 sensor.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
holy shit. My short terms were 25 and 2. Question 2. When your cars were tuned, they turned off the rear 02's correct? So they're just there to plug a hole in the exhaust. I want to test this 02 issue before buying another. If i can test with a rear since they have the same part number. How did you guys extend your wires? Solder or just splice and butt connect.

TRBO VNM

check that....my MAF counts are different now. I don't remember everything regarding the tune back in december and things have changed a lot since. I just found a recent idle log and my counts are 151-153. not sure if the weather changed that or the tune.

regarding the o2's, are you sure they are the same part number? I know the front is Bank specific. The rear might be as well, but I thought they were different part numbers because the connectors are different colors.

regarding extensions, I guess it is another Hellion benefit..:-D no extension needed. they are basically in the stock location.

I can email you this log if you want. let me know your email addy.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
i went over your sheet you sent. Here is what mine is currently doing after putting a brand new OEM $120 oxygen sensor in. I was pulling an 02 code so i replaced it. Now here are my readings at 800 - 1000 rpm idle.

LongFT 1 18%
LongFT 2 4%

SRTFT 1 bouncing between -11 to 14%
SRTFT 2 bouncing between -25 to 27%

39PSI is the fuel pressure

35 -37 SparkADV

02S22 ******* no reading

This has got to be one of the reasons i'm loading up at idle and fouling out plugs.

TRBO VNM

dude, I wish I could help man. jon tunes my car, so I really don't know much about it or what to look for. it is something I want to learn, but can't help you. sorry man. you tune your car? I assume you have support or something you might be able to ask questions. what about a message forum for diablo?

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I tell ya what dude....you ever wanna come down to new orleans for mardi gras you got a place to stay. HA HA. Always able and ready to respond. I had rick from amazon tune the car. I jumped in on a dyno day since no one down here is really a good tuner for a turbo set up. I have an SCT flip chip tune on the car. I'm just using the DIABLO because it has real time data monitoring. I'm just fed up with the car running like crap in traffic. Shakes and smokes fuel out the passenger side. Kind of embarrasing to be in a car worth over 40k and it looks like a POS. Even had a guy in a porsche say my car was a piece of shit so i hit the go ***KNG fast button for 22lbs and destroyed him. Well maybe we'll learn something from this. I do want to tune my own car because i'm about to invest in a XFI Fast system. I'm putting one on a 96 GT with twin 67's at our shop so i'm gonna get some experience.

Looking at your log i'm wayyyyyyyyyyy offf.

TRBO VNM

0mineralgrey3 said:
I tell ya what dude....you ever wanna come down to new orleans for mardi gras you got a place to stay. HA HA. Always able and ready to respond. I had rick from amazon tune the car. I jumped in on a dyno day since no one down here is really a good tuner for a turbo set up. I have an SCT flip chip tune on the car. I'm just using the DIABLO because it has real time data monitoring. I'm just fed up with the car running like crap in traffic. Shakes and smokes fuel out the passenger side. Kind of embarrasing to be in a car worth over 40k and it looks like a POS. Even had a guy in a porsche say my car was a piece of shit so i hit the go ***KNG fast button for 22lbs and destroyed him. Well maybe we'll learn something from this. I do want to tune my own car because i'm about to invest in a XFI Fast system. I'm putting one on a 96 GT with twin 67's at our shop so i'm gonna get some experience.

Looking at your log i'm wayyyyyyyyyyy offf.

give me a call sometime tomorrow. I will be with Jon Lund and maybe we can rack his brain a little. I should be installing an 05 Hellion kit in the next couple of months. can't wait.

call me tomorrow
240-299-6532
Jason

HellionCobra

More to come!
Established Member
mineralgray-
what is your load at idle and WOT? your spark advance is too high also along with the fuel trims being out of whack.

Nate

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I'm going to check that out. I did question the spark advance but with my current situation it's helping clean off the plugs a little bit so if my spark adv was right it would probably be worse.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
ok so the new o2 sensor is in, i found an unmetered air problem that i fixed, and now i have SES codes out my a$$. New 02 sensor says it's stuck lean, low voltage on the IAT 1 sensor, and a bunch of other crap. I'm just worried about this 02 sensor stuck lean condition when it's a brand new OEM sensor. 120 fricking bucks for it.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
Alright, you're leaking something. Whether it's an exhaust leak or a vaccum leak. One thing that does disapoint me about the HP kit is the forward oxygen sensors. They are not positioned close enough to the header. The problem with this is, is that they don't get hot enough unless you hammer on the car, or drive it for long periods of time. The problem with this is, is that when you tune, you'll get the STFT's looking perfect. but, the next time you start up the vehicle, the trims are jacked up again. They jack themselves up so much that the LTFT's are at 1.25 or .75 as well........ Once they are stuck in one direction for "X" amount of time, it tosses a code, even if the maf curve is perfect. My car tuned out great at the dyno, but I did drive it 2 hours to the dyno. My o2's were up to temperature and were matching my wideband.. However, the more I drove the car, I'd notice my trims would be swaying 10-15% at times (always holding somewhat steady), but different from what we'd originally dialed in. I tried looking for vaccum leaks and exhaust leaks and found nothing. I ended up forcing the car into open loop (ignoring the o2 sensors full time) and dialed in the curve that way using my wideband. Surprisingly, my curve was pretty close (about 5% lean until 500 maf counts or so). I fixed that and said screw it. I ordered up some o2 sensor bungs and I'll be relocating my sensors so i can get the o2's working correctly. Anyway, once I forced the car into open loop, the car runs great, even on initial startup. My air to fuel is much more stable now. I want to get to the dyno again once I get my sensors relocated.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I did have a minor exhaust leak but on the opposite side. I have fixed that so no more issue there. It was throwing codes like crazy after and now i've reset them and they're gone. I hate when stuff fixes it self. Josh, do you ever make over 18 lbs of boost? When i shoot up over 18lbs my blow off valves go crazy. My car sounds like a steam train at high speeds. It's like one BOV opens and offsets the pressure then closes and the other opens in a continuous cycle. I'm thinking of removing my two HKS BOV's and putting one big BOV on the cold tube like palugi did.

Users who are viewing this thread