Data Logging, TC off but still not full throttle?

stanger1

Established Member
So I have been trying to get Data Logs to my tuner and even with the Traction Control off, the Throttle is still not going full open, only about 50% or so.
I see on some of the newer 5.0's, they unhook a wire under the hood to disable the TC. Am I missing something here on our 5.8's?
I have read the Manual and all the different setting, but never really noticed any difference with the 1 push and TC off.
Thanks.

stanger1

Established Member
I found another thread about the TC and Advance Track, (AT), but I had tried the brake on and hold the TC buttom down, no change.
Now when I had an 2011 5.0 Auto trans, you had TC off with one tap, Hold the button down, and it did display AT off.
Guess i will play with it some more.

Snoopy49

Established Member
AdvanceTrac Mode Descriptions and Usage.jpg

merkyworks

Established Member
What table value are you looking at for throttle position?
  • Throttle angle desired (max value 81)
  • Throttle angle actual (max value 81)
  • Throttle position voltage (when throttle angle is 81 value should be 1.25xxx)
  • Throttle position sensor 2 voltage (when throttle angle is 81 value should be 4.4xxx)
Also look at your "Torque source" values, it should read zero on every row of your data log. If you are getting a value other than zero this could help isolate your issue, below are what the torque source number mean. So in theory if traction control is indeed coming on then you would see values of "2" in the torque source column when you are going WOT.
* 0 - Driver Demand
** 1 - Transmission torque truncation
** 2 - Traction Control
** 3 - Vehicle Speed Limiting
** 4 - Engine Speed Limiting
** 5 - Anticlunk Tipin torque limiting or Tipin rate limiting
** 6 - Tipout torque
** 7 - Transmission Shift Modulation
** 8 - Engine Oil Over temperature
** 9 - Target N
** 10 - Powertrain Limiting Protection FMEM Limit
** 11 - ETC FMEM - RPM Guard
** 12 - PATS
** 13 - OSCMOD
** 14 - Speed Control
** 15 - Transfer Case Torque Limit
** 16 - Torque Based Decel
** 17 - VDE
** 18 - Engine Indicated Torque Limit
** 19 - Engine Combustion Stability Torque Limit
** 20 - HEV Torque Reduction at engine start or stop
** 21 - HEV Tipout Torque Reduction

stanger1

Established Member
Thanks Snoopy,
Yes, that's the table I was looking at. Truthfully, I had always just hit the TC one and was done. I tried holding it down once before, and didn't really notice any difference, but will try it again very soon.
Merkyworks,
Thanks for that info.
I think I am only getting like 50%. Like wow, if that only 50%, Oh man, can't imagine full!!
Rocket!!

stanger1

Established Member
Thanks Snoopy,
Yes, that's the table I was looking at. Truthfully, I had always just hit the TC one and was done. I tried holding it down once before, and didn't really notice any difference, but will try it again very soon.
Merkyworks,
Thanks for that info.
I think I am only getting like 50%. Like wow, if that only 50%, Oh man, can't imagine full!!
Rocket!!
Well,
Son of a Gun. I did the #4 mode and I thought I had tried that before, but it does work.
Thanks guy for letting me ramble.
Now if I could get my Data Logs done, but we have cross winds of 50 mph. Not a good day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread