Data logging a misfire...

95gts5oh

wat
Established Member
My buddy has a 03 lightning with a ported blower, gets 15lbs of boost with the setup. Running alky meth. But turned that off to try and diagnose this issue below.

He is having it remote tuned via email by a guy named Randy. While data logging his truck he turned on the misfire counter because of a fuel pressure problem (thought it was misfiring). We fixed that problem with a second resistor and a heat sink. Anyway, the truck feels totally fine now but the data logger is showing a misfire on cyl 8. It's random, sometimes there is no misfire then the next it's there. A few other cylinders get this random misfire as well but not as often as cyl 8. Now, the counter is low, it shows a 2 or 3 maybe for these cylinders and as I said you cannot feel this in the truck at all and obviously there are no codes. Are we chasing our tails with false misfires, is that possible?

All new coil packs, new tr6 plugs gapped to 32.

Thanks guys

95gts5oh

wat
Established Member
I'm following up with this since no one seems to know...

There is no issue, we are going to ignore this misfire. The counter shows real misfires in the 65k+ range so the 1's are probably just coding errors. All is well, they are false misfires.

Users who are viewing this thread