Data log points to monitor, good/bad values, etc..

JPs2013GT500

I can count to potato
Established Member
I've been monitoring my cars data more closely here lately. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure what a lot of the data I'm recording means in simple relation to good vs. bad. I've researched the actual data points I'm monitoring (will list below) and learned some about what they do. However, my goal is to simply be able to look at the recorded data and know whether or not something is within a good range or not. Hopefully by doing so I can stay ahead of an issue.

I do realize I can always send these data recordings off to my tuner and let them analyze it. I'd like to know enough about the data I'm recording to only send it when something looks odd.

Here's a list of the PID points I'm currently monitoring with my SCT x4 device (not a laptop):

battery voltage
* boost pressure
charge air cooler temperature
engine coolant temp F
intake air temp2 F
knock sensor
lambse bank 1
load
long term fuel trim bank 1
long term fuel trim bank 2
maf flow rate lb per min
maf Frequency
* manifold absolute pressure
measured afr bank 1
measured afr bank 2
rpm
short term fuel trim bank 1
short term fuel trim bank 2
* spark
spark advance
spark advance v2
throttle angle Actual
throttle angle desired
torque source
vehicle speed mph

* = These points are in my configuration file but never show up on the data log for some reason?

If you see any important points that I need to add to this list, please let me know.

Is there a website or forum thread somewhere that lists these points and their normal/good values in relation to the 13/14 GT500's? I searched through the site here, but didn't find any compiled information.

Thanks!

GT500wantabe

Established Member
With your mods would be good to log fuel pump duty cycle and if available injector duty cycle or injector pulse width and convert to injector duty cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread