Dash swap

alibird88

Established Member
hi fox guys....
i want to change my dashboard and fix a 97 cobra dash, but dont know if its a direct fit or need to do some mods, ill do the engine swap no hold ups there, but the dash never done it before, but i think it will be great, so is there any steps i should do or new fitings to make !!?

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
hi fox guys....
i want to change my dashboard and fix a 97 cobra dash, but dont know if its a direct fit or need to do some mods, ill do the engine swap no hold ups there, but the dash never done it before, but i think it will be great, so is there any steps i should do or new fitings to make !!?

Sorry man, this is a forum directed at questions specifically for 93 cobras. You won't get getting any help here. Try posting in the general BS forum.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
kevin are you the "post in the correct section " cop now?? . Anyway I guess since he is wanting to install a 97 dash in a fox body, (he doesnt specify, but it could be a 93 cobra) the section might provide him with a answer.

So yes the dash will fit but you will have to cut part of the front edge off. email me and i can direct you to a friend who has personally done this swap and he can help you out.
[email protected]

Last edited:

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
kevin are you the "post in the correct section " cop now?? . Anyway I guess since he is wanting to install a 97 dash in a fox body, (he doesnt specify, but it could be a 93 cobra) the section might provide him with a answer.

So yes the dash will fit but you will have to cut part of the front edge off. email me and i can direct you to a friend who has personally done this swap and he can help you out.
[email protected]

His profile says he has an 03 Cobra, so yes, this would be in the wrong section :nonono:

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
so you can only have one car , the one listed in your profile? My profile says 96 and 93 cobra , but i also have 94 and 95 cobras along with 2 lightnings, and several firehawks. so do you think he wants to install a 97 dash in a 2003?? I doubt it.:shrug:

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Alibird88,

Could you please be more specific in your question, if we are to understand you correctly, are you trying to repair and swap a 1997 Cobra dash into a 1993 FOX body COBRA ?

buddha93

Established Member
[email protected]

:lol:

He's been on patrol for some time. LOL!

Anycrap, first and foremost, we ARE "Fox guys", so I'll help anyone who has a question pertaining to Foxes. Our cars ran down the same assembly line as the rest of the Mustangs, and I'm not a Cobra snob like some of the guys on here.

To the OP, you can make the 97' dash work in you Foxbody. It will take a little custom work but nothing too crazy.

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I could not care less if there are TONS of fox bodies question in this forum, but a couple other members have made it very clear in the recent past that this forum is for 93 cobras only. If I see a thread with no responses, and its not 93 cobra related, I figure it can't hurt to let the noobs know.

Stinger99

Established Member
what happens if you own 2 foxbody's, 1 93 cobra, 1 92 lx, can i ask a Q about my 92 in here?

buddha93

Established Member
what happens if you own 2 foxbody's, 1 93 cobra, 1 92 lx, can i ask a Q about my 92 in here?

Actually, sub-section 3 paragraph 12 of the 93' Cobra forum says you can't ask anything pertaining to any of them since you owned a 99'.;-)

JoeRacer

Established Member
[ame="http://www.google.com/search?q=fox+body+sn95+dash+swap&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a"]Google Search - Keywords : fox body sn95 dash swap[/ame]

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
This post dedicated to the 99 Cobra, Electric Green

The infamous 99 Cobra. Although enthusiasts were dissapointed when the 99 cobra was released, there was a hidden little gem to be found amidst all the controversy regarding the accusations to Ford and the output of the SVT 4.6l. Electric green was available in the 99 Cobra. It was definetly an attention grabber. Bright, intense, vibrant and well, green you either liked it shining in all its glory or it looked like a skittle. Presumably, Ford knew this would be a niche color as the least amount of 99 Cobras were produced in Electric Green Metallic Clearcoat and for this year only. Build numbers for 99 Cobra, Electric Green as follows:

COUPE
dark charcoal - 185
medium parchment - 223

CONVERTIBLE
black top, charcoal int - 89
white top, charcoal int - 10
black top, parchment int - 11
saddle top, parchment int - 208

TOTAL - 726

Fine example of 99 Cobra, Electric Green

2141950010055149260S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited:

JoeRacer

Established Member
^^^^great posts, thanks for sharing with us from your fountain of knowledge, but how does this pertain to the original poster's question?

Users who are viewing this thread