Dash side defrost vents broken-loose.

SVT Monster

Established Member
So I was riding around the other day, stereo down, 1st-2nd powershift noticed something move on the dash!!!!:eek: Sure enough one of the lil triangle shaped vents was loose.:fm: It had a tab broken. Now I've been looking around and can find new ones for $20 each but only black in color. My DSG dash is dark but not black. Any ideas on where to get a set of vents to match or what paint to get to match?:fm:

Anabolic

Banned
all mustangs 99-04 i belive have same vents with tabs that break easily because the sun makes them frail like wiper cowls, i think LateModelRestoration has them, or should

SVT Monster

Established Member
all mustangs 99-04 i belive have same vents with tabs that break easily because the sun makes them frail like wiper cowls, i think LateModelRestoration has them, or should

Yeah man, LMR has them $19.99 each black only. I really wanted the matching color. Thanks for info guys. Ive said before and sayin again this place rocks!!!!!:rockon:

Definitely update if you find them. I need one too. Had one stolen by someone at the dealer while it was there. :cuss:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Yeah man, LMR has them $19.99 each black only. I really wanted the matching color. Thanks for info guys. Ive said before and sayin again this place rocks!!!!!:rockon:

I just replaced my D/S vent I ordered from LMR. Didn't even need paint, matched the old one exactly.

MysticRob

Established Member
Digging up a slightly old thread for a quick how-to tip.

My driver's side window defrost vent was loose due to the tab closest to the steering wheel having broken off (very common apparently). I found the broken tab in the vent hole so just superglued it back together. The superglue was too weak to keep the tab on the vent during re-installation so I used it only as a stop-gap solution to keep the tab and vent from separating, then applied a thick coating of JB Weld over the superglued seam.

The JBW takes a day to dry completely so I didn't use it alone to reattach the tab to the vent itself -- too easy for the tab to just fall off during the long cure time, hence the superglue to hold it in place till the JBW cured. The JBW holds much better than the superglue and I was able to reinstall the vent without breaking the tab off. Be sure to put the JBW on the outside of the tab where it won't be seen after reinstallation.

Users who are viewing this thread