Dash reflection

c0rn_fed

Established Member
You should flock you're dash. It is a big project because you need to remove the dash to do it. But that is what race cars do to the dash so there is no reflection. Flock it a fabric dust that makes you're dash look suede.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

merkyworks

Established Member
Problem is you can’t just wrap the dash. It would looks silly with a nice alcontara dash and then doors, center console, pillars and other interior pieces being plastic.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
I'm open to eventually coating the Dash with something anti reflective. At first I was thinking simply to tint as I thought it would look good as well, but was hoping someone had tried it and if good results.

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
One little thing you can do is reduce the shine on the dash board. Instead of Armor All, which tends to leave a gloss, Griot's makes an interior protectant that has a much more dull appearance.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I'm open to eventually coating the Dash with something anti reflective. At first I was thinking simply to tint as I thought it would look good as well, but was hoping someone had tried it and if good results.

I was going to suggest tint if it’s legal in your area. However, I’d strongly suggest that you stick to the lightest tint you can and the windshield more than anything, required a VERY good installer.

I had my F150 windshield done and not only did the installer jack it all up, putting the seam directly in the drivers view, but he used two different shades so it played hell on my eyes. At night in rain or dimly lit areas, it was really hard to see; to the point where I’d get headaches from eye fatigue after long night drives and I have 20/15 vision so that’s VERY unusual for me. I ended up tearing it off after only a couple weeks.
Stick with a light shade of tint and make sure they either use a tint role large enough to not have a seam, or they put the seam somewhere out of your direct view, use the best installer in your area and you should be good.

Users who are viewing this thread