Darn JRSC alt mount!

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
I've now had the upper bracket unscrew itself from the blower and drop the alternator twice. So this time I used thread locker. It doesn't stop the car, it just lands the alternator on the oil filter, which could be bad. Just ranting, cause now I have 2 skinned knuckles. Thanks for listening, I can't complain to my wife, she thinks I should bring it to my dealership for an oil change!! E-

PS As I was changing the oil yesterday, I noticed some black oily substance on the bottom of the AC compressor. Brought her in today as my 3/36 runs out tomorrow, and it turns out my steering pump has popped her shaft seal. Luckily they're fixing it under warranty, but they think the increased tension on the belt due to the supercharger has caused this damage, so it's bound to happen again! Lots of fun. E-

Last edited:

03SVTF

@10psi
Established Member
...So they still do warranty work on your car even with the JRSC? Thats a concern of mine, the JRSC being on the way currently.

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
I sell cars at a Ford/Honda/GMC/Buick/Pontiac store, so I've got some pull. The tech laughed when he got in and saw my nitrous tank etc, and asked "You honestly expect me to fix this under warranty?" and I said yes. So he did. I'm leaving the industry to open my own fitness center in 6 weeks, so I'm glad I saw the leak now. E-

Users who are viewing this thread