darkness

iamlightning03

Established Member
Hi; dumb question! I have a 2010 and would like to know if anyone has any experience with turning off the dash lights when the car is:beer: running?

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
Sorry should have been more specific. I mean when the car is running and all lights are off.
They have a white light behind them..:beer:

Do you want to do it permanently? I wanted to. There's no easy way that I know of. Maybe if I study the wiring diagram I could see a way. However, I had the cluster out to install a white gauge face so I split the cluster and painted the LEDs black. The downside is you have to realign the pointers, but I had to anyway because of the gauge face install. There's instructions in a thread on TS. I can find it if you want it.

Steve

iamlightning03

Established Member
Do you want to do it permanently? I wanted to. There's no easy way that I know of. Maybe if I study the wiring diagram I could see a way. However, I had the cluster out to install a white gauge face so I split the cluster and painted the LEDs black. The downside is you have to realign the pointers, but I had to anyway because of the gauge face install. There's instructions in a thread on TS. I can find it if you want it.

Steve
Thanks Steve!!!
Why yes actually I am wanting them off.
I should have known it was going to be complicated!!!

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
I just noticed that you have a '10. All the documentation I have is '07-'09, but here it is anyway:

Panel Instructions: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=59114

Thread with all the good info: GT 500 White gauges "with pic" - Shelby GT500 Modifications and Tech. - Team Shelby

Posts 60, 85, and 92 are a good starting point.

I'll try and find an electrical solution, but all the electrical signals come through the CAN bus. I'm not optimistic.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread